IGNORED

the Slap Chop!!!

saddlebum

Sent to me by a friend, her experience with the Slap Chop!!!

http://by142w.bay142.mail.live.com/mail/SafeRedirect.aspx?hm__tg=http://65.55.153.121/att/GetAttachment.aspx&hm__qs=file%3d4f5ba173-0f05-46b1-b25f-161f03b97cba.jpg%26ct%3daW1hZ2UvanBlZw_3d_3d%26name%3daW1hZ2UwMDEuanBn%26inline%3d1%26rfc%3d0%26empty%3dFalse%26imgsrc%3dcid%253aB59C2A8FB78B4E41A3E87105FE88FAB0%2540MichellePC%26msgHash%3dffffffffffffffff&oneredir=1&ip=10.1.106.117&d=d3092&mf=0&a=01_876752f5a38dcbe369b438544ef070645335e5b51bc47bf368a50c8ebb40c734

Ok so I got a slapchop for Christmas..........

This dirty SOB Vince convinced me that this invention would save time, and help me eat healthy.

Vince and his GDM chopped nuts,fettuccine, linguine, martini, bikini.

Let me tell you what this holy terror of a kitchen utensil really does......absolutely nothing.

Let's look at a few things:

1. This thing is made of plastic and has a sharp blade hooked to a spring and a plunger.

This is a poor combination to begin with.

2. The slapchop is about the size of a coffee grinder, which means a you need to slapchop size your food prior to actually using the slapchop. In order to do that you need a knife, if I have a knife in my hand already I may as well chop the vegetable right then and there.

3. One slap for large sizes, 2 to slaps for smaller sizes, three slaps for a fine dice....Thank you VINCE!

Here's what it actually goes like!! One slap, twist and pry on plunger because vegetable is wedged in the cutting mechanism. Two slaps, still wedged and no smaller than the last slap.... why? because the blade didn't actually cut anything..it just did a quarter turn with potato stuffed inside. Three slaps, another quarter turn and now your potato is wedged so far into the wretched machine the plunger won't come out.

Now since the veg is stuffed deep inside this devil contraption you must now take the thing apart, easier said than done. Vince says "its easy as one two three"THANK YOU AGAIN VINCE!

It's easy to take apart sans potato stuffing however once those blades are full it becomes more difficult.

Picture this, a slapchop full of potato, the plunger is stuffed all the way to the bottom so you can't undo the top part, and it won't turn enough to pry the bottom protector part off.

Now keep in mind that this contraption has a sharp blade in it...so using your fingers to pry out the potato chunks is ill advised.

What do you do? Three cut fingers and 7 band-aids later, Get a tool if course....now because you already had to cut your vegetable to slapchop size , you just happen to have a knife close by.

It only makes sense to use that to dig out the jammed veg.

Ahem... Caution at this point the slapchop is no longer a slapchop, it suddenly becomes a spring loaded vegetable cannon!

As soon as you wiggle a tiny piece of the vegetable in question out of harms way you can fully expect to get showered in large chunks of potato (or onion, or peppers)...remember these are large chunks that fly fast and hard....because this stupid device still hasn't actually CUT ANYTHING!

I am going to personally kill the man that invented this GDM thing...in fact ....because Vince says it works great on nuts...I feel like using it on his

I bet this stupid SOB has a SNUGGIE as well.....

CRAP, I was planning to get one the next time Vince came on TV. Got a spot in the cabinet next to my "Magic Bullet" (another POS). Thanks for the review - changed my mind, think I will buy another ShamWow instead.

MIKE aka Uturn

:Venture:

This must be the blond in me LOL... I have a slap chop, shamwow, and... the magic bullet. Where did Scooter Bob find me? LMAO I actually have had great success with the magic bullet as I made all the grandchild's baby food with it. Talk about a cost savings there... Shamwow I am not so convinced of but the a few good things about those things are that they rinse off really easily (I use them to dust floors with three dogs living in this house --oh, I forgot, Scooter Bob lives here too LOL) and they don't leave lint on everything. The slap chop I am not impressed with. I try to do what they do on TV but it never looks the same and cleaning it is a pain in the axx. Am I too gulliable??? Better compare notes with Scooter on this?

Later

Karen

If I really am interested in one of those things I see on the paid programming and infomercials, I just wait until some other sucker buys it and either doesn't like or never uses it and sends it to the Goodwill or thrift store. Then I buy it for cheap. If I don't like it, or if it simply doesn't work, I throw it in the scrap pile. Way to many people send their JUNK to the Goodwill or sell it at a garage sale though.