IGNORED

how do you get the cloudy film off of the windshield

I tried the headlight cleaning kit at my friends auto body shop. It did not help. Looked like the gray film was in windshield it self. I bought a new wind screen and nothing but clean water and lint free cloth touches the new wind screen.

Been there done that! There is an old post of mine going down a similar road. Just a shot in the dark, but take a couple of strips of duct tape about a foot long and stick it on the windshield over part of the dull area. wait a few minutes and peel it off. If you have a relatively clear area from under the tape, the "hard coating" is damaged. If that is not the case you are in for a LOT of polishing. If it is just use duct tape strips to pull all the hard coating off. And it still will not be real clear and will scratch very easily.

You might search for my original post.

http://venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?p=313571&highlight=windshield#post313571

Walter

Edited by wes0778
found my original post

Hey Chris,

There is a product called "KIT" in a yellow bottle for $2.95 at Wally-Mart that is a scratch remover that works REALLY WELL. I used it on my 87'VR windshield when I first got the bike and it pretty much made it like new. Now, don't get me wrong, there was some "elbow grease" involved, but for $2.95, I had more time than money, if you get my meaning. An added bonus is the fact that the Kit scratch remover puts a wax coating on the windshield and the water beads off nicely. :thumbsup2:

Hope this helps,

Earl

go to a hunters store, and get a small bottle of Deer Urine.

rub a little on the windshield, an allow to die in. use soapy water, to clean it off.

:yikes: Ain't even gonna ask how you discovered THAT one!!!

Oh, I hope it doesn't attract deer at night on the highway... :stickpoke::stickpoke::stickpoke::smile5:

i read on a forum somewhere that they make a cleaning kit to clean dulled airplane windshields and you can find it at airplane supply companies. couple of guys said they used it and worked good. i also heard toothpaste would clean some of the scratches and milky film off. i look over my windshield and not thru it so it don't bother me if it not clear.

It is easier than most people think. I use Meguiar's Liquid car wax. Apply according to the directions . Just do not let it fully dry. As soon as it clouds over wipe it off with a soft cloth. Then hand buff with a polishing cloth. You will be amazed at the result. This will also work on the wind deflectors.

Mike

:dancefool: