Chaharly

Working for the WV Div of Corrections I missed one day That was weather related in 20 yrs. Road was blocked because of Idiot and I couldn't get thru. But I called my boss for that day and we decided it wasn't worth it for me to come in once they did get road cleared. I remember how great school days for snow were. They were "Play" days.

ENJOY THEM!

Well, the highschool that im in called in a snowday today. The weathers supposed to get really really bad today, and we probably wont have school tomorrow. Which is all fine and dandy, but i probably wont have the bike out today. Which Sucks

:fiddle::thumbdown::snow:

Snow day...???? You have got tobe kidding....!!!!!! Why when I was your age we never heard of such a thing we walked through three feet of snow, uphill both ways :snow2::snow2::snow2::snow2:.....:backinmyday:

Snow day...???? You have got tobe kidding....!!!!!! Why when I was your age we never heard of such a thing we walked through three feet of snow, uphill both ways :snow2::snow2::snow2::snow2:.....:backinmyday:

Where your dad and my dad related?

Been a long time since I heard that line of $@$. LOL

Ahhh those were the days! :missingtooth:

Have a good one!

Bubber

And it was 5 miles, uphill both ways with no cell phone.

But then it was perfectly acceptable to bring the .22 rifle to school to get dinner on the way home.

They are screaming bloody murder here for a lousy foot of snow.

I think there nuts. I have a 20+ mile commute each way to work and have yet tot miss a day of work for any reason.

Whats a snow day?

"I have a 20+ mile commute each way to work and have yet tot miss a day of work for any reason."

BUT YOUR JUST SPECIAL!

No really you have a really great work ethic unlike some generations I could mention. I would also like to get up early and go to work for a change. But I just need a job first. :yikes: LOL Hope my interview today goes good so I can follow your example.

Most of my school years were in central Saskatchewan and Northern Ontario ... Cochrane/Timmins area, Sudbury, etc.

Never had such a thing as closing a school for a "snow day" ... I think people have become "wusses" over the years. I used to play hockey on an outdoor rink in minus 40 F when I was 10 yrs old and before we could play, we had to clear the rink of a foot of snow from the night before...most of which had drifted onto the rink. We didn't even have a shack to warm up in. I honestly don't know how I could have done that...but we all did.

And it was 5 miles, uphill both ways with no cell phone.

But then it was perfectly acceptable to bring the .22 rifle to school to get dinner on the way home.

They are screaming bloody murder here for a lousy foot of snow.

I think there nuts. I have a 20+ mile commute each way to work and have yet tot miss a day of work for any reason.

Whats a snow day?

And barefoot at that!!!!

Snow days were far and few between back in the day.:backinmyday: But when they did happen it was great. We spent the whole day outside having a blast. One time school was closed because of a ice storm. Roads were thick with ice. So what do we do get pops car out and try to drive to the top of the hill so we can slide our sleds down a road called Cemetery Road here in town. Needless to say car was in the ditch a few times that day. Boy, he would have been mad if he'd have known. Once we finally reached the top of the hill the sledding was treacherous. But the ride down in the car was the scariest. We didn't do any damage to the car but to this day I wonder how that happened!:rotfl::080402gudl_prv::D

Had one of those here in Lubbock, TX today too.... Although it was just a delayed start. I found out after I got to my office and found no one else around. Oh well. That just means I get a few hours to work, undisturbed. :)

Oh yea, I rode my bike in today :D

News story about how "bad" it was this morning to get school delayed... I guess I come in too early, as I beat the freezing rain...

http://www.kcbd.com/global/Story.asp?s=11644094

Edited by LilBeaver
added news article

"i have a 20+ mile commute each way to work and have yet tot miss a day of work for any reason."

but your just special!

no really you have a really great work ethic unlike some generations i could mention. I would also like to get up early and go to work for a change. But i just need a job first. :yikes: Lol hope my interview today goes good so i can follow your example.

good luck with it!!!

"I have a 20+ mile commute each way to work and have yet tot miss a day of work for any reason."

BUT YOUR JUST SPECIAL!

No really you have a really great work ethic unlike some generations I could mention. I would also like to get up early and go to work for a change. But I just need a job first. :yikes: LOL Hope my interview today goes good so I can follow your example.

I would not call it special so much as lucky to have an impenetrable immune system.:2133:

Good luck with your interview.