IGNORED

can we be more visible

mother

anyone know the legallity of running strobe along with headlight?

i have ordered an LED super bright 6 inch long light and i will test to see how visible it is in the daytime.

yammer, what time of the day were your accidents, mine was 4pm daylight and she said she did not see me. headlight and two 50 watt driving lights were on.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine were 9:58 PM June 14th 2006 ( Deep Twilight) with headlight and driving lights on. &:30PM on may 27th 2009 ( good daylight & raining) With headlights on. This one was in cage. I don't remember time on other one but it was cage in daylight with driving lights on.

White helmet! Masonic image on front and back, and in color.

Black and Silver jacket

Pants Brown, light tan or black.

Gloves black

AND THE KICKER, to ride on Muffinman's comment above: I ride with strobe lights. The kind on the police motorcycles, yellow of course, and I set them to move the same way the police do, one two three, break and repeat. I have one under my headlight, and one on each side of the front faring. I want to add two more on the lower luggage of my 86 VR when I find $100; they are $50 apiece, and are LEDs.

I don't give a hoot if they think I am a cop, except when the slow down when I come up behind them.

So far, NO ONE has pulled out in front of me.

So, that's my suggestion. Thanks to all who have posted.

Jack Z

I just got a catalog for m/c clothing and found something interesting and that i would share.

http://www.bikeweekleathers.com/files/images/product/d_1690.jpghttp://www.bikeweekleathers.com/files/images/product/d_1691.jpg

they make a fabric that's reflective at night? googling i went and found a bunch of reflective material that can be made into anything your imagination can think of.

http://thekneeslider.com/images/nexxhelmets.jpg

just imagine if this was made out of that material.

SuperGlo Reflective Polyester

8 oz sq. yd. This high quality 100% polyester fabric is perfect for use in items where high visibility is required. An aluminum or fluorescent orange color-coating is applied to the fabric followed by glass reflective beads. Plus this fabric is UV resistant! Perfect for all your outdoor needs!

Uses: Boat covers, motorcycle covers, outdoor clothing, safety vests, bags and much more!

Width: 60"

Colors: Aluminum or Fluorescent Orange

$19.95/yd

you can get road sine material and make a big sticker out of your bike with it.

I'm thinking of trying it out on my beat up saddle bag. It seems i can get it in almost any color to mach the bike. it will look reflective at night and not be overpowering during the day.

If you are trying to find away to prevent, multitasking, oblivious drivers, who are not paying attention to see you, consider this.

16 times a day, approx every 73 mins, one of these cage drivers pulls in frount of, a horn blowing, light pulsating, 1,000,000 tons of FREIGHT TRAIN, in which they generally get dead. How could they miss it, no way to over look the tracks, you would have to be deaf not to hear the horn, but it happens like clockwork.

The only thing I can see for us to do, is to light up as best possible, and watch them like a hawk. If they don't respect a train, their are not going to pay us any attention.

Oh by the way, every 17 mins one pulls in frount of a SEMI tractor trailer, they lose this battle too, but it happen every 17 mins according to the highway admin.

I sorry ride scared to death, that's how I stay alive.

Gregg

My brother said the reason they pull out in frount of us, is they want to win ONE.

Edited by footsie