IGNORED

Side Stand Extender

Does anyone make a side-stand extender for the 1st Gens? With my progressive springs, it would be nice to have a little more length.

If not, I can just weld some metal on the bottom.

Me thinks you're gonna have to go the weld route... I don't know about, or have ever seen an extender...

Guest Ken8143
Does anyone make a side-stand extender for the 1st Gens? With my progressive springs, it would be nice to have a little more length.

If not, I can just weld some metal on the bottom.

Not to stir the pot more than it is aready - but - I have to agree that SilvrT's extender is butt ugly!:stickpoke:

Now - what I do is almost as ugly - I have a slab of 1x 4 wood with a string attached. Store it in the left pouch and pull it out, position it so it sits under the side stand - or better yet, just pull it back on the center stand.

:smile5: For any extension lasting more than four hours you will have to call your mechanic... :rotf::crackup::rotf::crackup::rotf::crackup::rotf::crackup::rotf::crackup::rotf::crackup::rotf::crackup::rotf::crackup:

If I get en extension lasting more than four hours, my mechanic is the last person I'm gonna call.

Now exactly what does this have to do with this thread ???

To those who laff at my "extension" .... I can at least say... "it lasts and lasts and lasts.... kinda like the battery yanno..."

:sign20: :sign20: :sign20: :sign20:

It seems everyone has got a little cabin fever (not me, I'm in Arizona...but can't ride until my bike is complete for her rebuilt - hopefully in Dec/Jan).:doh:

I'm thinking the idea of a side stand extender was to make it easier to lower the stand, and not so much as to have the bike sit at less of an angle.

Couldn't someone just remove their sidestand, and have a piece of metal bar welded on...

or possible as in the extender shown, drill two holes and bolt on a piece of metal to extend out the kickbar on the sidestand?

This is a good idea, but not sure if I need it. I know that my '06 HD Low Rider had the problem of me trying to find the side stand...If my bike has this issue, I'll have to either weld or bolt on an extended kickbar.

How about simply cutting off the end of the sidestand and cutting the end off a doner sidestand but leaving the botton end you cut off a bit longer so it can be welded to the existing sidestand? With a good weld and a good cleanup, after repainting, nobody will be the wiser.

How about simply cutting off the end of the sidestand and cutting the end off a doner sidestand but leaving the botton end you cut off a bit longer so it can be welded to the existing sidestand? With a good weld and a good cleanup, after repainting, nobody will be the wiser.

Great idea. That would be very clean looking.