IGNORED

In Honor of our Military Personel and Vets

Freebird

Yesterday I received a telephone call from a member who felt that we should come up with a way to honor our military veterans. I knew that he was right and tried to come up with something yesterday but just couldn't get it done.

I have now added a new award category that will add a icon to your posts that signify that you served and in which branch of the military. At this time, I have only found icons for the US branches of Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines and Navy.

If some of our Canadian members can help me with icons of their military seals, I will get them added as well. The same goes for our members in other countries. In lieu of that, I could try to come up with some type of generic icon.

Now, if you wish to have this icon added to your posts, you only need to click on the VRAwards link in the upper menu bar and request the reward. Don't be shy about it because if you don't tell me, I won't know.

I know this is not a huge deal but hopefully it will in some small way show our appreciation for all of you who presently serve or have served in the past.

Edited by Freebird

If some of our Canadian members can help me with icons of their military seals, I will get them added as well. The same goes for our members in other countries. In lieu of that, I could try to come up with some type of generic icon.

Ok here is mine, the "Electrical Mechanical Engineer" branch of the CDN Army.

Prior to 1967 it was RCEME "Royal Canadian Electrical Mechanical Engineer".

The British version is REME, with the globe centered on England.

Edited by Rocket

RCHA- Royal Canadian Horse Artillery

top writing on the badge.....Latin-Ubique...Everywhere

Bottom

Latin- quo fas et gloria duc.u.n.t....whither right and glory lead

I have to spell the last word that way or it gets edited and you know why!

Edited by sarges46

Guys, what I need is just the general seals for the Canadian forces. Army, Navy, Air Force if I'm not mistaken. If I start doing all the different divisions there will be more than I can handle.

Sorry Don, but it is the colour of our Dress uniforms, Green for Army, Blue for Air force, Black for Navy. Here is the info I found this morning, in the dress regulations.

" SECTION 4 ENVIRONMENTAL, BRANCH AND REGIMENTAL INSIGNIA

Environmental Identifiers and Insignia

Uniform Design. The colour and cut of the navy, army and air force uniforms are

themselves the principal environmental identifiers. See Chapter 6. "

Don

That is the tri-service badge. It covers all branches of the armed forces......Generals have the this badge,...so do recruits in basic training once they learn to salute. Once they have learned their trade then they get the unit cap badge.

I guess it would work...it just doesnt signify any specific branch.

Thanks for thinking of us up here.

Could I use this one for all our Canadian Vets?

Don, I found these online for the Canadian Armed Forces. The first for the Air Force, the next, Land Forces, and the last Maritime. If these are not the equivalent of the US service seals, perhaps the overall badge you found with a label denoting the branch underneath.

Don, I found these online for the Canadian Armed Forces. The first for the Air Force, the next, Land Forces, and the last Maritime. If these are not the equivalent of the US service seals, perhaps the overall badge you found with a label denoting the branch underneath.

So...how about it our Canadian friends. Will these work?

The middle one is the best fit for Sarges46 & myself, without using our cap badges. :2cents::canada: