IGNORED

Scammers are on Autotrader now

Midrsv

I guess scamming isn't limited to Ebay. I've been looking for a new or nearly new Tahoe and found a nice sounding deal on Autotrader with the truck advertised to be in Huntington, WV. I emailed a couple of questions last night and tried calling today, number not working should have been my first clue. This evenging I get the following email response which didn't answer either of my questions. Needless to say I provided him a few words in response.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hi Dennis,

The car is still for sale. The asking price is $28,800. It is located in Belleair Beach, FL and the VIN is 1GNFK13078R247309. The car is registered on my name and the title is clear (no lien). It is in great condition, no dents or scratches. It was always garaged and the regular maintenance was done in time. It wasn't involved in any accident and has never suffered any kind of damage. Also this is a non-smoker car. If you have any questions regarding the car or you want extra photos or the CARFAX report (for free) just let me know!

I'm a pilot on cargo flights. My wife broke up with me recently because I'm always away from home. We just sold our house and split the money. This is the last thing I need to sell and split the money with her.

Because I'm away most of the time I will not be able to deal in person. But I've already arranged the shipping and the title transfer anywhere in the US. I will pay the shipping fees.

I want the payment to be handled by MSN Autos. They will keep the money until you will receive and inspect the car. You will have 7 days of inspection period. If the car is not like described you will have to ship it back on my expense and they will give you a full refund. This way, you will be able to inspect the vehicle before committing to buy it and I know that you have the money and you aren't just fooling around.

Giving the nature of this transaction please note that my sale terms are final and nonnegotiable. In order to move forward I will need your full name, address and phone number.

I don't want to offend you, but the car is priced for a fast sale so please if you intend to apply for a loan or financing do not reply to this message!

Chris Larsen."

ya... same crap here on BuySell.com. I responded to about 4 different motorcycle ads (just for the halibut) ... the prices were ridiculously low so I knew it was a scam. Got exactly the same email response from all 4 of them LOL ... geeesh ... are there really people out there that fall victim to such B/S ?

At $28,000 + per scam they only have to fool 4 people a year to make a good living out of it. Unfortunately there are people out there that just don't recognize these ads as scams.

And I'll bet that there are no taxes payed out of that making it a really good living.

Unfortunately there are a lot of people that fall for these scams.

A friend of mine got hit by the Craigs list scammer on his sale of a trailer.

He just could not comprehend how a "cashiers check" could possibly be bad.

And he is a business owner!!