IGNORED

Makeover update

DragonRider

Well we finally got around to shooting the Black Beast, not in the put it out of its misery shoot but it now has a fresh new paint job. Spent the last three nights with my buddy from work painting it and it came out great. He did an awesome job painting it. Below are the pics of the process. Hopefully will have it reassembled in a few days...........The color is Ford Black with Pewter Trim. Had to go back with Black, after about 20 different choices, decided Black is beautiful..............:dancefool::dancefool:

Yes, Don I do remember how to put it back together, uh I think...............:think:.

Yes Ken, I wish I could paint like that too....bang%20head.gif.........my buddy said he isnt a pro, but cant prove that by me............In all it took 1 qt of primer, 1 quart of black, 1/2 pint of pewter, 1/2 gallon of clear. That was the base totals before hardener and reducer were added. 4 coats of black, and 4 coats of clear. The best part was the total for this came in at under $300.00. The clear which is the most expensive was given to me by a friend who closed his body shop, that was a money saver.

Hopefully there will be no extra peices, maybe a couple I wont put back on intentionly.....:big-grin-emoticon:

The pin stripes were first removed with a razor, then I sanded them down to the plastic, there are a couple of spots that still came through on the box, but, you have to look really close to see them, I know someone here posted what you could use to take them off but I couldnt find it.......must have been a pre-crash post.

Thanks for all the nice comments, I am going to take my time putting her back together, so I dont mess up the paint. I am anxious, but will be cautious about it.............the hardest part was deciding what color, I must have changed my mind 20 times, every time I saw a color I liked where I work, it made me rethink it over and over, but in the end, black is my favorite color for a bike, and pewter looks rich and great against the black.

Edited by DragonRider

Base coat/clear coat. Brand was Shop-Line. Economy price paint. The clear coat was by Montana.

I'd like to buy another 1st gen and paint it ...again ... I'd love to experiment with House of Colors ... painting vehicles is/was a passion and specifically I enjoyed doing custom work. Ahhh but if I only had the time, the bucks, and the shop....

Waiting to see your end result... should look awesome!

Looks great..One thing I did different on mine was paint the dash.I had so much glare when the sun was behind me I could not see the dash at all.After painting it I can see it pretty good now.

[ame=http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=39636]Sneak Preview - VentureRider.Org[/ame]