IGNORED

My left leg was crushed last friday....

jiminohio

I will make this short until the drugs let me become more coherent. Last friday, Moundsville, WV, 745 pm. crossing through an intersection at 30 mph, I was hit by a 16 year old girl who failed to check or slow down to turn left. direct hit to my left leg. knocked me off my 07 rsv, which continued 120 yards down road with out me. "damn fine bike," I thought to myself watching her drive away as if I was still on her, as I lay on the road. Fractured thigh now has a rod through it, shin had a carbon fiber and titanium external fixture to hold it all together, changed to a rod this morning, ankle and foot both broken, three huge gashes with black foam to pump out fluids. Thanks to helmet and Joe Rocket Ballistic, rest of me is OK. Just arranged for wi-fi in the ICU, where it appears I will be for a while.

Geeze Jim you did it up good. The good news is that you are still here to tell us about it. I hope all of that heals up like new with no after effects. I also hope that young lady was adequately insured so you can be properly compensated for the immediate and life-long after effects of this accident if any. I just finished taking a year to heal up from my last roll on the asphalt. I hope you come around quicker than that. :080402gudl_prv::happy34:

MAN! I'm sorry to here that. That sound like almost the same thing that happen to me Feb.21-04, it's a long road to recovery but you can do it! Hang in there and watch for an Infection, Infection inside the leg bone is why they call me Nubby now,(Dr. had to take it off) keep your Dr. on top of it! :080402gudl_prv:

wow!!! real sorry to hear this. theres always a risk riding bikes. stuff like this happens all the time friend....one just hopes it doesnt happen to them. but it could happen anytime, and to anybody. you take it easy and hope you heal well and soon. forget about riding for a while and concentrate on getting well...what else can i say. keep in touch with the family, though.

Jim I don't know what to say. I'm glad your here to tell about it and pray for a swift recovery. But the fact is this kind of thing is happening way to often. Every body be careful out there and lets pray the cagers wake up. To many cagers driving around with so much on there mind I think it degrades there awareness.