IGNORED

Daytona Biketoberfest 09 who's going

footsie

My wife and I are leaving Albany, Ga early friday morning. We are staying at the ST Augustine exit on I-95. I think it is a Holiday Inn Express. We will get there around 2 or 3:00 friday afternoon. Are leaving sunday morning to come home. Wouldn't mind meeting up with other venture riders.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bumping this up to the front. Going to put in for the time off. Be nice to meet some of the other members here. Working on the house so funds are tight. That will determine how many days we stay. Going to try and make it for at least Friday and Saturday. Seeing as how the days people are available vary maybe we should have the same central meet point for each day. That way everyone gets to meet someone.

RSTDdog

We all need to write down some contact numbers so we can meet up down there.

I really would like to meet in person to get to see the face behind the name.

It seems there will be several of us at daytona, my plan to to speak to everyone I see on a venture or royal star.

Gregg

I b lookin at their web-site and made a VERY astute observation?????????------ALL day Sat. they b having $2-bloody-Mary's------------:thumbsup2::mo money:save $------------My kinda place!--------WHERE IS ZTOG????????:usa::usa::sun1::sun1::sun1:---------------------Will recon as soon as we arrive--in Daytona!!----------ya'll have a nice day NOW----

Forget ZTOG...its way too far for him to ride now. And I think hes on a Harley again!! Besides, aint he the troublemaker that got us started at the SLY FOX?????

I believe that it WAS the infamous{LAST RESORT]the bar where that woman was luring in males and disposing of them--I think that she was the 1st on Fla's death row????-----------

Made my reservations yesterday evening. I'll be there late Wednesday 10/14 and leave early Sunday 10/18. I'm going to ride straight through from northern VA. I booked a place at the Microtel in Palm Coast. The rates were a little bit cheaper than trying to stay at Daytona proper.The meet and eat at the First Turn Steak House on Saturday sounds great. See everyone there around noonish.

Heres the info for first turn.....it looks like its about 1 mile south of the US-1 restaurant.

First Turn Lounge

• (386) 788-5434

5236 S Ridgewood Ave, Port Orange, FL 32127 Get directions Cross Streets: Near the intersection of S Ridgewood Ave and Howes St.

One of you guys need to set this up as im not 100% sure ill be there. All depends on my work situation.

All the info that ya will need!!!!!:thumbsup2::sun1:

Made my reservations yesterday evening. I'll be there late Wednesday 10/14 and leave early Sunday 10/18. I'm going to ride straight through from northern VA. I booked a place at the Microtel in Palm Coast. The rates were a little bit cheaper than trying to stay at Daytona proper.The meet and eat at the First Turn Steak House on Saturday sounds great. See everyone there around noonish.

Seeing you are that far North, you should stop in for lunch at South Beach Bar and Grill Thursday or Friday. Great food. It is only 19 miles from Microtel.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Palm+Coast&1s=FL&2c=Saint+Augustine&2s=FL&2a=45+Cubbedge+Rd&2z=32080#a/maps/l::16+Kingswood+Dr:Palm+Coast:FL:32137-4614:US:29.553641:-81.212437:address:Flagler+County:1/l::45+Cubbedge+Rd:Saint+Augustine:FL:32080-8191:US:29.768867:-81.252928:address:St.+Johns+County:1/m::8:29.661911:-81.262194:0:::::1:1:1::/io:1:::::f:EN:M:/e

Lets say we will arrive at 12:30 to 1:00, give folks time to talk in the parking lot and get aquainted. I said one oclock arrival so the lunch crowd should be thinning out.

Some of the others haved stated they would be between one and two.

So if shoot to arrive at 12:30 most of us should be there by 1:00, and others will trickle in.

Gregg

Can someone tell me if the vendors are pretty much set up by Thrusday 10/15/2009 on Main Street or is Friday a better day to check things out. The Biketoberfest web site says there is also stuff going on at the speedway. Is there an entrance fee for stuff that goes on out there? This will be the first time I've gone to Daytona so I'm not familiar with the event.