IGNORED

Daytona Biketoberfest 09 who's going

footsie

What can you tell me about this event? It sounds like a lot of fun but since I'm one of the ole men of the group, I don't get out much. When is it and what is it about?

Thanks in advance everyone.

IT's the last hoo-rah,prior to ALL them yankees puttin their scooters to bed fer the winter months?????????:thumbsup2::thumbsup2::cool10::cool10:------unless ya live south of N.C.----lodging is cheaper @this event!!---weather is all good in Fl. in OCT.---------ya"ll come now

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We got a group heading down from W. Ga. on Wed, the 14th. Gonna have breakfest at the Waffle House on Hwy. 154 at exit 216 on 75s at about 9ish, then soutbound on 75 into Daytona for the weekend. We're planning on meeting up at the First Turn Sat afternoon and will probably be at the speedway either Thurs or Fri. We are definately going to Destination Daytona in memory of Bruce Rossmeyers recent death. Hope to see some fellow venture riders while we're down there. Anyone heading that way, feel free to join in! We're also planing on stoping by the swapmeet on 415 just outside Samsula and of course will make a stop into Cabbage Patch for some biker entertainment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:Cool_cool36:

Redbeard and I are meeting up Wed morning at 7ish I -20 east, heading to exit 216 on 75s to meet a few others. Then we'll be heading south on 75 to the turnpike in Wildwood and into the Orlando area. we're planing on meeting Sat at the first turn, probaly the speedway fri and rossmeyers thurs?

we're riding home sunday morning, hope to see some folks during the trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well it was a really long ride but I made it to Florida. I'm at the Microtel in Palm Coast. I left Northern Va at 4am and arrived at Palm Coast at 8 PM. It rained from Noth Carolina all the way to Florida. When I left VA it was low 40'S and when I got to Florida it was in the 80's, multiple changes of riding gear along the way. I'm just glad to be here safe and sound. Two small gliches on the way down. Just before Eporiam Va I swear a coyote ran across 95 and I thought there was no way I wouldn't hit it but thank goodness I didn't. It wasn't redish brown like a Fox and I'm positive it wasn'r a dog, it was long and skiny and grey, just too weird. Then no more than a few minutes later the cruise control turns off. I grab the throttle and nothing. I get over to the sholder and then when I press the start button, nothing...I sat there for a good 10 minutes turing the ignition on and off and the kill switch on and off mulitiple time and nothing. Then all of a sudden it started then no more problems from then on. I sure hope my Iginition switch isn't going south..ha ha, my bike is a 2007 with less than 20K miles. Well tomorrow I think I'll go to Main Street in Daytona and check things out then Friday maybe head over to Destination Daytona and the Daytona Speedway. See everyone Sat at the First Turn for the meet & eat.

Kim, glad that ya made it there!-----it's still 'liquid sunshine' here-------hopefully will b better on Fri. and I'll hit the road-----it sure took ya a long time from Northern Va. to get there---16 hrs??????:sun1::sun1::sun1:------I guess it takes them ther 2nd Gens. a while to get-up to speed????????????:thumbsup2::sign isnt that spec:usa:

Kim, glad that ya made it there!-----it's still 'liquid sunshine' here-------hopefully will b better on Fri. and I'll hit the road-----it sure took ya a long time from Northern Va. to get there---16 hrs??????:sun1::sun1::sun1:------I guess it takes them ther 2nd Gens. a while to get-up to speed????????????:thumbsup2::sign isnt that spec:usa:

Hey it rained from N.C all the way to FL. I stayed under 70 since I could hardly see through the wind shield, and besides it true 2nd Gens suck gas like crazy any thing over 70 MPH. Hope to see you on Saturday, drive safely!

I rode up to Daytona from Ft. Myers and back today. I was dissapointed in the vendors at the speedway. Seems like they only had half of what was there last year. I talked to the guys at Custom Dynamics while they were installing some LED turn signals for me an they said the vendor count was way down. There seemed to be more activity out by the Harley shop and JP Cycles.

I won't do this marathon ride again to Daytona. 600 miles plus time at the speedway and JP cycles plus a cruise down main street.

Dennis

I got to First Turn appox 1:05 pm saturday. Saw a blue venture and white venture in the parking lot. Couldn'y tell who was riding them. Where was everyone? My wife and I ate and left.

Eddie, I thought I saw you pulling out. I havent seen you in 5 years so I didnt recognize you. You were just pulling out of the parking lot and I wondered if it was you. I got there late myself because the bike broke down on the way and we ended up caging it there. We were sitting outside in the Tiki Hut area right in the middle. I emailed you my cell #..shoulda called. Sorry we missed ya.

Jean and myself, Coach from Ohio, FootsieBiker, Screamstone, Steve from Edgewater, LetHimRide and Georgia, Hig'4 and wife was there too. And a few others whose names escape me...sorry, old age, were there. JRichard was running real late and didnt make it in time but he did get down there safely.

I got to First Turn appox 1:05 pm saturday. Saw a blue venture and white venture in the parking lot. Couldn'y tell who was riding them. Where was everyone? My wife and I ate and left.

Ediddy;

Yep...my wife and I arrived around 12:45...hung around for approx 15 minutes, then ordered lunch.

Did you and your wife eat inside? We may have seen you...but we didn't want to ask everyone walking in "you ridin' a Venture?"....

My wife and I were sitting by the door...

When we left, there was a red RSV with Ill/OH plates (with a trike parked directly behind), a blue RSV, and a white RSV.

I stopped by Destination Daytona on the way to get a set of highway pegs, missed a turn and spent an hour stuck in traffic. I arrived at First turn a touch after 2pm,, Ruffy and the group was still there, so we got to chat a bit before everyone left.

Destination Daytona is way too packed,, they have plenty of room, but the traffic problems aren't worth it.. From now on, if it's not at the track, I don't need to see it.

Ediddy;

Yep...my wife and I arrived around 12:45...hung around for approx 15 minutes, then ordered lunch.

Did you and your wife eat inside? We may have seen you...but we didn't want to ask everyone walking in "you ridin' a Venture?"....

My wife and I were sitting by the door...

When we left, there was a red RSV with Ill/OH plates (with a trike parked directly behind), a blue RSV, and a white RSV.

I guess that was your 08 parked on the other side of the building near the street. The red ohio RSV was coaches and the trike was his friends. :puzzled:

I guess that was your 08 parked on the other side of the building near the street. The red ohio RSV was coaches and the trike was his friends. :puzzled:

Yep...very seldom do I get a "close" parking spot...in retrospect...probably should have parked "out back"...