IGNORED

high tech

kenw

I'm just sitting here listening to all the mail of how to add on your phone, (so you can talk like the cagers). Or how you can add this or that to keep touch with the world. I thought that the reason we road was to get rid of all this c****! Correct me if I'm wrong

or are we becoming a soccor mom on 2 wheels. Just something to think about!

Sometimes we throw the tools on the bike because that's all we need to do our job. It beats the h**l out of driving that 1 ton van all the time. And the escape part comes from just riding, not having to drive a cage! I do it quite frequently when I can.

Escape comes when you are riding the twisties on a weekend in some desolate corner of the country when you know you don't have to worry about a bunch of traffic getting in the way of your ride. Now, that's escape! (Or route 7 south of the Hub and taking the "Jasper Disaster")

JMHO

Dan

I was just wondering, and I'm guilty of it too!! When we talk and drive our brain goes South--how many times have you cursed at the cage in front of you that didn't use their signals because the phone was in their left hand---or they couldn't do the speed limit because their mind was elseware! Not trying to start trouble but don't we drive scoots to get away from this? Correct if i'm wrong, but when I read about an accident report on the site everyone is up in arms because the other driver was "distracted"! Hey Don you can delete this site if you want, but I think it needs to be said!

I'm with you Ken, there have been studies that rate cell phone use equal to driving drunk. Even the hands off transmit is dangerous. I believe using a cell phone while driving should be grounds for losing your drivers license as it is for DUI. I wonder if intercoms would be rated similarly.

That said, I don't own a cell phone but do occasionally wish I did. There is also the safety aspect of carrying one which makes it a good thing to have a long.

Nothing like a couple of ambivalent statements to confuse things eh?

I've been thinking the same thing lately... I have ham radio on my bike, plus the gps, and the stereo... I like having them on a long trip but they are definitely distracting!

I rode a WR250 the other day and had a blast. I wouldn't want to take it across country but it was a hoot to ride!

I'm just sitting here listening to all the mail of how to add on your phone, (so you can talk like the cagers). Or how you can add this or that to keep touch with the world. I thought that the reason we road was to get rid of all this c****! Correct me if I'm wrong

or are we becoming a soccor mom on 2 wheels. Just something to think about!

If your coming to Cody.. I will show you High Tech.

Blackberry, Notebook, Netbook, American Cell Phone.

If I don't take the office with me I would never be able to leave the city.

Sad very Sad. :doh:

I have a device that provides bluetooth to my hearing aids. It is possible, and I do it, to answer a phone call while on the bike. That lets me talk long enough to say, hang on while I pull over and I'll talk to you then if it is something I need to handle. Otherwise it is a call you later response.

And as far as the escape part goes, I was able to get paid to ride my bike to NJ for a business trip. That may sound like not much fun, but every evening when work was done and on the weekend, I was off riding in places I had never had a bike. So I will continue to ride on business calls when I can and enjoy the roads between here and there.

Sometimes we throw the tools on the bike because that's all we need to do our job. It beats the h**l out of driving that 1 ton van all the time. And the escape part comes from just riding, not having to drive a cage! I do it quite frequently when I can.

JMHO

Dan

:sign yeah that: