IGNORED

Indian regulator/rectifier group buy

This will be the new thread where we will handle the communications for the reg/rec group buy. Dave with Indian Motorcycle is out of the office till Monday, so I expect to hear from him then on the status.

Here is the current list I have and the units requested, please reply if you are not on here.

Dan

Edited by Dano

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dan, Thanks for doing the rectifier GB. :thumbsup2: I noticed that in your group buy criteria you limited the units to 1 ea., however I have two Ventures.... actually more than that but only two are road worthy... :) That's why I requested 2 ea., but if that's going to be a problem, send the second to someone else. It you need any advice on shipping, paypal, etc., give me a shout.

Hi dan like condor said thank's for doing this for the members. you can take me off the list for the one i was going to get, i found one at a salvage yard off of a new wrecked bike for cheep so i don't need it. If possible give the one i was going to get to Condor so he can get his bikes going :biker:, that way maybe he won't outbid me on ebay anymore( he thought i forgot about it) :buttkick:again thank's for your time doing this for the group:clap2:

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. Until I get to talk with Dave from Indian, I won't know how many units we can get. That's why I stated in the other thread that I wanted everyone to get at least one each. If he has enough for the full order, then you can get all that you want. Not trying to knock any body out of what they want, just trying to help all. Jack, if you want to PM me with helpfull tips, I'd appreciate it. Kinda got an idea, but not positive and all info would be helpfull.

I'll let everyone know on Monday nite what we've come up with.

Thanks,

Dan

This will be the new thread where we will handle the communications for the reg/rec group buy. Dave with Indian Motorcycle is out of the office till Monday, so I expect to hear from him then on the status.

Here is the current list I have and the units requested, please reply if you are not on here.

Dan

Don't know if this would work, but could you set it up so that people could edit the .doc (or change it to excell) to add their address and save you having to get it from everyone individually?

Don't know if this would work, but could you set it up so that people could edit the .doc (or change it to excell) to add their address and save you having to get it from everyone individually?

This would take place when you paypal me, as then I can just print out the shipping labels from them. That way, nobody has their address out there if they don't it to be.

Thanks

Just received a reply from Dave at Indian

Hi Dan,

Sounds great!

Let me check to see how many sets of connectors, crimp terminals, and cavity plugs I can provide and we’ll go from there. As I noted in my ebay description, some of the units were installed and have scratches on the bottom plate, but were never actually used. Of course, I will try to make sure I ship ones without scratches, especially since I pick / pack them myself.

Once, everything is agreed, I’ll send an invoice through PayPal and ship through UPS Ground, which is 2 days from Charlotte to central Indiana.

I will try to get back to you later today with the qty’s available.

Also, at 50 units, the price would still be the same. If you want to go to 50 pcs, let me know.

Thanks!

Dave

Will post as soon as he gets back to me

Dano:

Don't forget us Canucks still need a shipping price.

Also remember, USPS would be best, for cross border shipping.....

I have refused deliveries over cross border UPS fees, that is added on at delivery, in addition to the shipping cost paid to the seller.

Dano:

Don't forget us Canucks still need a shipping price.

Also remember, USPS would be best, for cross border shipping.....

I have refused deliveries over cross border UPS fees, that is added on at delivery, in addition to the shipping cost paid to the seller.

Thanks for the advice guys, was gonna work on youse guys up Nort today, eh?! It'll be a small package, same size as a small USPS flat rate box. Now if I can get them to give me some free boxes......... I'll probably just invert the USPS boxes....... Just checked, they're pretty smart over there, the insides are printed with their logo all over........

Thanks for the advice guys, was gonna work on youse guys up Nort today, eh?! It'll be a small package, same size as a small USPS flat rate box. Now if I can get them to give me some free boxes......... I'll probably just invert the USPS boxes....... Just checked, they're pretty smart over there, the insides are printed with their logo all over........

Dan, you can use the same small flat rate box for Canadian mailings. Order the free boxes online in 25 box packs. When you're figuring paypal pricing don't forget to add $1.50 to the total price for paypal fees. If you pay and print labels online it works out to a little less than $5 bucks for US, and $10 bucks Canadian.

Hi Jack, thanks for the reply. Are u saying to just use USPS for the Canadien shipments? Just wanna make sure.

Dan

Yep. Same box. It falls under International Priority. When you make up a label there is a 'country' box at the top on the frame. On something this small the requirements for customs forms are by-passed. If you pay online via CC they discount the total by about $.30 cents, and delivery conformation is free. Piece of cake..!!!!

OK, just got another email from Dave.....

Hi Dan,

I only have enough pieces to make about 5 kits of connectors / terminals / cavity plugs. I my Accumax Parts contact gave me pricing and said he would honor that same pricing for you and you can go direct with him on that. All the info is below. Let me know when you are ready to do the regulators.

Thanks!

Dave

For connector kit:

Robbie Sullivan

ACCUMAX Auto Parts, Inc

rsullivan@accumaxparts.com

417-624-8886

Fax 417-624-8887

Qty Req’d

Price (ea)

292-AB3FB

Connector shell, stator to Regulator (black)

$ 2.50

292-A3FGR

Connector shell, regulator to Motorcycle (gray)

$ 2.50

292-F300

Terminal

$ 0.35

291-W300

Wire seal

$ 0.25

291-WD

Dummy Plug

$ 0.12

Kit Cost $8.12

We will just order the connectors, etc. from Accumax, that way everyone has everything they need for the hook-up. As of now, the price for the reg/rectifier is $32.00 US, the connector kit is $8.12, shipping will need to include their freight to me. I still need to clarify that.

Be back later,

Dan

Are we still at the original 43? (44 minus Cap'n Eddie)?

I'll get the shipping costs for the regs and the connector kits

I just checked the dimensions, these units will fit into a USPS small Priority flat rate box, but I may have to remove them from their original box to do that (if there is one). I heard from Dave for his shipping, also the ebay number if anybody wants to look:

Here’s the item # Shindengen Voltage Regulator / Rectifier (#250484850538) for 1 I currently have listed. I will have to wait until the morning to get back in the warehouse to weigh them. I think there might be 20/box (25 lbs approx) which will be roughly $18.00 per box via UPS Ground. I’ll confirm in the morning.

Looks like we need to include his and Accumax's shipping in on this, as I cannot afford to eat this. Do we want to divide it by the number of members getting one or by the number of units? 43 ($0.84) by the way on that. 30 individuals ($1.20). These numbers are for the reg only, not the connectors.

Just trying to keep everyone up to date here.

Hi Jack, thanks for the reply. Are u saying to just use USPS for the Canadien shipments? Just wanna make sure.

Dan

Yes in fact most of us prefer USPS as they just hand it off to Canada post with no additional fees. UPS, Purolater and other couriers invent an exhorbitant brokerage fee for customs clearance that is just a cash grab. One time for an item worth 100 bucks I had a 35 charge from purolator, I told em to keep it.:mo money:

Brian

Dan thanks again for making this happen.

I sounds like this Guys has a Lot of Units at Hand. If so, we could honor each Request even for multiple Units. Even at 10 Dollars for the Connectors and such it's still a very good Deal !! !! Can't wait to have them.

Yes, we will be able to handle all requests, if everyone would double check the original list with their quantities and if any one else wants in, hopefully we can get them ordered by the end of the week. I'm just waiting to hear from Accumax on their shipping costs so I can work on a total. Sure looks like a lot of work next week! :pushups:

Yes, we will be able to handle all requests, if everyone would double check the original list with their quantities and if any one else wants in, hopefully we can get them ordered by the end of the week. I'm just waiting to hear from Accumax on their shipping costs so I can work on a total. Sure looks like a lot of work next week! :pushups:

Don't get the cart before the horse Dan. Get a final price figured out, and then start collecting the money... and then place the order. I'm still good for 2 ea. Let me know and I'll Paypal....

Don't get the cart before the horse Dan. Get a final price figured out, and then start collecting the money... and then place the order. I'm still good for 2 ea. Let me know and I'll Paypal....

Don't worry Jack, as tight as the bank account is right now, hard to even carry myself right now! But you gotta prioritize, right?!

Add me to the list for 1 unit

Thanks

Mike

Got you on there Mike, now makes 44 units