IGNORED

Is this Spam email?

Freebird

I will research this when I have more time but have any of you system admins seen this before? I feel that they are probably going to try and soak me for money but this one is new to me. Here is what I received.

Dear Manager:

We are a Domain Name registration service company, which is a professional Internet Domain Name Registration and dispute resolution organization in China.

On August.10th,2009, We received HAITONG Investment company's application that they are registering the name "venturerider" as their Internet Keyword and "venturerider.cn"、"venturerider.com.cn" 、"venturerider.asia"domain names etc..,It is China and ASIA domain names.But after auditing we found the brand name been used by your company. As the domain name registrar in China, it is our duty to notice you, so I am sending you this Email to check.According to the principle in China,your company is the owner of the trademark,In our auditing time we can keep the domain names safe for you firstly, but our audit period is limited, if you object the third party application these domain names and need to protect the brand in china and Asia by yourself, please let the responsible officer contact us as soon as possible. Thank you!

Best regards,

John

Oversea marketing manager

Tel:+86(0)21 6296 2950

Fax:+86(0)21 6296 1557

web:http://www.ygregistry.cn

Smells to high heaven IMHO!

If there are any Venture Riders in those Countries I suspect they would have found their way to this Site long ago methinks.

Boomer........who does not trust a "Oversea marketing manager who goes only by the name of "John".

Don,

I believe it is a fraud.

For being a marketing manager he sure cant speak well.

it is our duty to notice you, so I am sending you this Email to check.

Should be:

I am required to notify you.

No need to state: so I am sending this email to check..check what, I thought he was notifying you..

we found the brand name been used by your company

we discovered the brand name is used by your company

I also clicked on the link, and it appears it is only an advertising company who is soliciting your approval to advertise your business over seas.......

our company will strive to offer better service and professional network marketing solutions to customers in order to bring the greatest economic results for them.

Edited by Eck

From my limited knowledge of domain name registration, all domain names are "centrally managed" meaning that if a particular domain name (ie venturerider.org) has been registered, then no matter where in the world you are, you will not be able to "take" that domain name. Having said that, other similar domain names (such as venturerider.com, .ca, etc) may well not be registered and therefore are available. I doubt very much that any domain registration company would attempt to advise the owner of xyz.org that somebody else is registering xyz.com and that's mainly because you can register an available domain name "on-line".

This is the way I understand it...maybe someone else has a more in-depth or different explanation.

In any event, the email appears to be some kind of spam attempt at getting money out of you.

Don, Its Trash. They could not register those names if they wanted. Don't even respond. ICAAN has all the info.

to save a lot of reading, why can't they? venturerider.asia (for example) is a valid and available domain....

(inquiring minds want to know...)

to save a lot of reading, why can't they? venturerider.asia (for example) is a valid and available domain....

They should be able too.

The WHO IS domain registered to Don has nothing to with "John" in Asia and his attempt to hustle a fraudulent buck.

One word Don ...... DELETE

Wow, guess they could register that name in ASIA. Didn't even know they had allowed .asia. None the less, I would not worry about those names. If you have .com .org and .net that's probably fine. As long as this site has been around and indexed by the search engines it will still wind up on top of the search list.