IGNORED

Where do you tie down the rear of the Venture.

1sttenor

We are getting ready to leave for CO next week and I have a question. Wanda's back is just not up to riding across KS, so I'm going to trailer to CO and then we'll ride all week in the mountains. Here's my question, where to attach the tiedown straps? I can see there is just enough clearance to attach the front straps to the handlebars near the triple tree, but are the rear bars where y'all attach your rear straps? The last time I trailered a bike was 30years ago and that was a dirt bike that I could have just laid over, so I wasn't too careful with it!

• 2 weeks later...

I trailer my bike in a travel trailer and also have a motorcycle trailer. I use a wheel chuck for the front tire and use the crash bars front and back to hold in place. Found if a strap from the front crash bar to the rear eyebolt and a strap from the rear crash bar to the front the eyebolt the motorcycle sits solid with no movement at all.

Here are some pics of how I tie my 1st gen down, the G2 is similar, but I remove the drivers seat for the 2 side up high straps. Triple tree in the front as the fork setup is a bit different. The rear crash bars are a good point or their in on the frame for the back.