IGNORED

Knock in front forks

Winesap7

Just purchased, in "as is" condition, a 90 Venture Royale with a motor trike conversion. This is a really nice ride but it has a knock in the front end when you hit a good bump in the road. It sounds like metal to metal in the fork tubes. I've checked the triple tree and it's tight and the forks hold air, any thoughts from the experts.

Thanks Brad and Rick, checked the travel on the fork tubes and it travels 1 1/8 inch before you hear the knock. Is that enough travel to be bottoming out? I'm assuming it's holding air as the air ride system pressure holds where I have it set at 18 psi. What about the oil level in the forks?

Brad and Rick are on the money, air pressure wont cure weak springs, the air is just an assist. The fork oil is another good thought, I would just swap out with a new set of fork springs and change the oil while your at it. You know your good to go then and can start to enjoy the new ride

:happy34:

Just purchased, in "as is" condition, a 90 Venture Royale with a motor trike conversion. This is a really nice ride but it has a knock in the front end when you hit a good bump in the road. It sounds like metal to metal in the fork tubes. I've checked the triple tree and it's tight and the forks hold air, any thoughts from the experts.

I'm sure you know the rules here.....but just in case you don't.....

WE NEED PICTURES!!!!:big-grin-emoticon: