IGNORED

Stebel horn location???

CarbonOne (yes, the maker of the lift adapter) also makes a special bracket for mounting the Stebel horn to the ground screw. Works great.

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/312/cat/7

Also, you may find the wiring too exposed to the heat of the exhaust pipes. If so, drill a couple of holes in the black plastic ring at the bottom of the horn. Snake the wires thru the holes and terminate them onto the horn connection posts. On mine, I then filled the bottom cavity with clear silicon caulking to keep dirt and water out of the connection area.

RR

Hey guys and gals....i installed a "stebel airhorn" this weekend...heres a pic,can anyone tell me a better place to mount it. It looks kind of awkward protruding from the frame.

I have mine mounted UNDER the front fairing.. As you face the bike, it's on the right side of the radio box and under where the front speaker is. I used pipe insulator as a cushion around it so that the heavy horn doesn't induce a vibe onto the fairing frame. The foam insulation also acts like a buffer for fitment. Tie wraps hold it down.. Had it installed since last year and it hasn't budged.. You'll know if it does as it will klunk. And yes, its plenty loud even under the fairing.. =)

My buddy has his mounted with a homemade bracket and it's solid as well..

The old horn stays there inactive to fill in the void.. ;)

I left the original horn where it was mounted, and made a bracket to mount on the passenger floorboard mounting flange. It doesn't really stand out and almost looks like it belongs there, and doesn't get in the way of my passengers foot.. Hope this helps

Iv'e installed the Stebel (deluxe model) on my 07 TD. I fits in nicely, no trouble with the wiring getting hot or the air intake. It dosen't seem to be awkward to me. I used Carbon Ones' bracket with a spacer. He offered to make a longer armed one for me, but the spacer works fine. The chrome matches perfect with the rest of the engines chrome.

Mine has been on for a year, right side, using Carbon One's bracket. Flawless. I do think the horn is less 'hearable' by cagers on my left side (I've made 2 just about poop their pants on the right side). I think 2 of these, one on each side of the bike, would be better. Right side mounting ideas?