IGNORED

The Blue Ridge Parkway Rocks

Magnawake

I'm PUMPED !! My Wife and I just got back from riding the BRP from Cherokee to just North of Asheville. What a ride !! We just bought the 02 Midnight V a month ago and took the country roads all the way to Cherokee, then Tues took a ride on the BRP, and today came home. This was my wife's first long Motorcycle ride in her life. She was impressed with the Venture handling of the mountain roads. It might have been the driver (me) cautiously navigating and driving like a Grandpa, having white knuckles around the switchbacks and all that stuff. We enjoyed waving at all the other bikers and couldnt help being a little proud of our new toy. My wife stated "we need some biker clothes". Yeah, we don't look the part. We look like country come to town, but it was a blast even though. The Temp was in the upper 50's in the morning on the BRP and we wore jackets to keep warm. The MV I bought has Bub exhaust which sound pretty cool in the tunnels, especially when I laid into the gas. I saw two other Venture riders at a rest area but couldnt get their attention before they left. We had such a great time I had to tell the people here about the cool weather on the parkway. Thanks a bunch to Sleeperhawk and the Mech for helping me before my trip. Hopefully I will be able to meet others around the site and maybe go to Vogel. We'll see ya on the road...

I think of the BRP as my "Magic carpet ride". I feel very fortunate to just be a hour away from it.

RandyA

I can see the Parkway from my front porch..2 minutes to highway 80 then a slow leisure ride to the parkway,doesn't get much better than this,unless you get to ride The Rooster Tail.Best kept motorcycle ride in America secret.:Cartoon_397:

The BRP is my favorite place in the world. I love it even more than the beach!

My wife Dianne and I are prepared to accompany anyone who wants to ride the Parkway. Just drop a line and we're there! I'm about an hour away.

My bike automatically goes to the Parkway just about every weekend. Hope to see some of you there!

"Geezer"

Wife & I have never been. Now with our "new" (1 year with us) 2003 Midnight Venture and matching trailer, we are heading there Friday morning from our place in Canada. Looking forward to this adventure. Have seen many videos & pics. Normally I don't trust any previews of someplace, that way I don't get disappointed, but this ride has been long anticipated. WooooHoooooo! Going riding!! See you out there...

Wife & I have never been. Now with our "new" (1 year with us) 2003 Midnight Venture and matching trailer, we are heading there Friday morning from our place in Canada. Looking forward to this adventure. Have seen many videos & pics. Normally I don't trust any previews of someplace, that way I don't get disappointed, but this ride has been long anticipated. WooooHoooooo! Going riding!! See you out there...

Are you going to be camping? If you are I have a good suggestion.

The BRP really is an exceptional place. I hope you have the time to meander along and enjoy some of the side roads and overlooks. There are many things to see and enjoy.

RandyA

Let me throw in a pitch for this area.

I rode to Asheville from here in Texas last month. Great area to ride.

I left June 20th and eased up the Natchez Trace PKWY to Shilo TN. Checked out the Civil War park (really interesting if you have never been) then on to Knoxville.

My wife arrived on the 21st and rode through the Smoky MTs to Asheville.

We rode all around the area on & off the PKWY for several days before I returned home to Texas.

The weather was great, lot's of bikes, very nice people, and the roads were fantastic!

I rode the Dragon on my way home and would like to throw in a pitch for the Cherohala Skyway. This is a great roadway that Winds up and over 5,400 foot mountains for 15 miles in North Carolina and descending another 21 miles into the deeply forested backcountry of Tennessee. The road crosses through the Cherokee and Nantahala National Forests thus the name "Chero...hala". It has great long, sweeping corners and scenic views.

Check it out while you are in the area.

I rode the Dragon on my way home and would like to throw in a pitch for the Cherohala Skyway. This is a great roadway that Winds up and over 5,400 foot mountains for 15 miles in North Carolina and descending another 21 miles into the deeply forested backcountry of Tennessee. The road crosses through the Cherokee and Nantahala National Forests thus the name "Chero...hala". It has great long, sweeping corners and scenic views.

Check it out while you are in the area.

We just rode that last weekend. My daughter calls it the "Cherry Cola". Very pretty ride.

I can see the Parkway from my front porch..2 minutes to highway 80 then a slow leisure ride to the parkway,doesn't get much better than this,unless you get to ride The Rooster Tail.Best kept motorcycle ride in America secret.:Cartoon_397:

The Rooster Tail is a great ride. You just have to watch out for poison ivy on your shoulders when you go around the curves to the right. It is much more curvy than The Dragon and the speed limit is either 45 or 55mph. I have made some hard runs up the mountain, but the last few times have been with folks that needed to go slow.

RandyA