IGNORED

Can't we just ride

kyle

I was just browsing some posts and threads and it got me thinking,"CAN'T WE JUST RIDE".. I get bummed about all the maint and troubles with bikes, valves, rearends,coils,carbs,tires,oil and such. I have a 2006 c50t in my garage i can't giveaway cuz the lifters are to noisy or it makes a clunk noise now and then, at only 14,000 miles i have spent way to much time and $$$$$ to worry about this crap.... so with my 2005 rsv with 24,000 miles were "JUST GONNA RIDE".... CHANGE OIL EVERY 5K,PLUGS 10K AND TIRES WHEN IT NEEDS'EM. Were not gonna sweat the small stuff a ping here a clank there, "BFD".. lets ride and enjoy....... if it wants to break it will...

Well, no reason you shouldn't ruin your own bike if that's what you want, but why would you suggest that others do it too? Sounds like you already got one pile-o-junk from those practices, and you are about to make another. Good luck,

Goose

IT comes down to the difference in bikers, on one hand you have bikes that worry about every noise, even if its indiginous to the bike. Like the C-50 you reffered to, or the valve train on a yamaha road star.

Personelly I have seen people do far more damage to bikes trying to fix something that can't be fixed.

If it is not broken don't try to fix it, is always the advise.

But some folks love to tinker and always will.

As you said do the schduled maintenance and ride, and I have over the past 35 years put over a 200,000 miles on several vehicles doing just that.

Gregg

I was just browsing some posts and threads and it got me thinking,"CAN'T WE JUST RIDE".. I get bummed about all the maint and troubles with bikes, valves, rearends,coils,carbs,tires,oil and such. I have a 2006 c50t in my garage i can't giveaway cuz the lifters are to noisy or it makes a clunk noise now and then, at only 14,000 miles i have spent way to much time and $$$$$ to worry about this crap.... so with my 2005 rsv with 24,000 miles were "JUST GONNA RIDE".... CHANGE OIL EVERY 5K,PLUGS 10K AND TIRES WHEN IT NEEDS'EM. Were not gonna sweat the small stuff a ping here a clank there, "BFD".. lets ride and enjoy....... if it wants to break it will...

I agree, we get to involved in all the adjustments, noise etc and most of it don't mean much. I've ran 3 Ventures to around 100,000 miles each and never had much happen to them, a couple of stators and some gaskets a long the way and that's about it. My current bike just turned 71,000 and not much has happen to it either. It whines but so does my wife (did I really put that in writing?) but I put up with it because at the end of the day it's the bike I like.

I also applaud Kent for what he does with the Venture. He evidently likes things to be near perfect and there's nothing wrong with that either.

People like to clean and make there bike look perfect, I don't do that either but it doesn't mean its wrong.

BOO

glad to hear what ya all think. i'm trying to become the rider who"doesn't" worry about all the nuances of bikes, they all make some noise. ride and enjoy peace... p.s the c50 was a maint. nightmare and it got me nowhere.:nanner:

I'm a strong believer in "Murpy's Law" so if I can stay a step ahead of common (or uncommon) problems then I thank anyone who helps with that step. Keeping bikes running smooth allows many uniterrupted miles of rides there and back.

Apart from that, being a bit of a machine head it makes for some good reading on a rainy day.

Sometimes those "Pings and Clanks" are telling ya something sometimes. My Harley friend has the same attitude..just ride it to death. He just took his to the dealer and spent over 600 bucks on a rear tire and oil change. Our tinkering saves us some big bucks sometimes.

And dont say you cant give the C50T away...ill take it from ya if you give it to me, noisy lifters and all....:stickpoke:

I love to ride also but I will say the comraderie between ALL of us Venture Riders are what is so great. I do understand what you are saying but I will bet if you hang in there some of that will change.I spent one of the best weekends last weekend with some of our members as we learned how to do maintenance on our bikes.It makes me feel good to know that IF I need to I can tear it down and repair it,or in the case of a fellow VentureRider that blew his shock and happened to be here in Texas when it happened,have the knowledge to help him get back on the road to Utah. One guys wife said to me when I helped him on Christmas day, (Never knew him before then),"This site is more than about riding , its a Social Club also!" Well I could not say it better. I hope to meet you sometime and ride....maybe just socialize! Tom

By the way its a kick to see V7Goose work on his bike..He IS a perfectionist But if you want to learn alot about the Venture give him a case of beer,shut up, listen and enjoy the experience!

Remember, lots of folks here are by trade, folks who work with tools.

Thats what we do !!

Dad started teaching me to fix the farm equipment when I was about 10 years old, the Navy gave me a tool box, and said, go fix that airplane, So, I just stayed with it for another 40 years.

We fix things, cause, thats what we do, its our life !!

And besides, somebody has to do it !! and that includes your plumbing --- ( in between honey dew projects ) !!!

I love to ride also but I will say the comraderie between ALL of us Venture Riders are what is so great. I do understand what you are saying but I will bet if you hang in there some of that will change.I spent one of the best weekends last weekend with some of our members as we learned how to do maintenance on our bikes.It makes me feel good to know that IF I need to I can tear it down and repair it,or in the case of a fellow VentureRider that blew his shock and happened to be here in Texas when it happened,have the knowledge to help him get back on the road to Utah. One guys wife said to me when I helped him on Christmas day, (Never knew him before then),"This site is more than about riding , its a Social Club also!" Well I could not say it better. I hope to meet you sometime and ride....maybe just socialize! Tom

By the way its a kick to see V7Goose work on his bike..He IS a perfectionist But if you want to learn alot about the Venture give him a case of beer,shut up, listen and enjoy the experience!

:sign yeah that:I agree totally!!!

hey kyle, half the fun of being a biker is working on them. kind of like building a train layout. the fun is in the building. probably no one on this site does bikes more than me. i dream about them, build them, fix them, i do bikes almost 24 hours a day everyday and have since i was 12 years old. this site is the neatest one on the web. there is a special friendship here 24, 7, be it tech stuff, bull crap or what ever. let your hair down and make that bike a big priorty in your life. it will pay you back big time in many hours of enjoyment. bill :clap2::clap2: :2133:

I agree, we get to involved in all the adjustments, noise etc and most of it don't mean much. I've ran 3 Ventures to around 100,000 miles each and never had much happen to them, a couple of stators and some gaskets a long the way and that's about it. My current bike just turned 71,000 and not much has happen to it either. It whines but so does my wife (did I really put that in writing?) but I put up with it because at the end of the day it's the bike I like.

I also applaud Kent for what he does with the Venture. He evidently likes things to be near perfect and there's nothing wrong with that either.

People like to clean and make there bike look perfect, I don't do that either but it doesn't mean its wrong.

BOO

hey boo, i may copy this and show it to jane. i can be bought off.:cool10::rasberry: