IGNORED

Member in need of help

Just got this email from Trimster. If anybody is in that area and can lend a hand, I'm sure he would appreciate it.

I need some help if I could. I am in crisis mode and need some help on the road.

I'm south of San Antonio, Tx with a blown rear shock on my RSV. I need to be back on the road Sunday headed home to Salt Lake City. Being as I can not post to the list, could you post something for me to the 2nd generation tech talk area? I need help with locating a shock and someplace to install it (I'm in an RV park with no tools, etc.).... or I need advice on a dealer to go to in this area. Your help is greatly appreciated. I can be contacted at 8zero1-44zero-eight 721

Big thanks

Bob & Lisa Trim

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got this email from Trimster. If anybody is in that area and can lend a hand, I'm sure he would appreciate it.

I need some help if I could. I am in crisis mode and need some help on the road.

I'm south of San Antonio, Tx with a blown rear shock on my RSV. I need to be back on the road Sunday headed home to Salt Lake City. Being as I can not post to the list, could you post something for me to the 2nd generation tech talk area? I need help with locating a shock and someplace to install it (I'm in an RV park with no tools, etc.).... or I need advice on a dealer to go to in this area. Your help is greatly appreciated. I can be contacted at 8zero1-44zero-eight 721

Big thanks

Bob & Lisa Trim

Buddy Rich is in San Antonio and I know he's experienced with rear shocks.... :) I called Bob and left him Buddy's #.

Edited by Condor

If no shock can be found in a reasonable time I can think of two other options -

1. I'm sure I could make a couple of struts to replace the shock and make the bike a hard-tail. May not be the most comfortable, but would sure get him home. Once-upon-a-time that is all that was available!
  2. I'll be down that way tomorrow with Tom, Buddy, et al, and I'd consider pulling my shock and swapping it for the order of a new one - my wife can cage it down and pick me up if we have an extended time to wait on the new shock.

I know neither of those are great options, but just looking for ways to get him on the road!

Goose

If no shock can be found in a reasonable time I can think of two other options -

1. I'm sure I could make a couple of struts to replace the shock and make the bike a hard-tail. May not be the most comfortable, but would sure get him home. Once-upon-a-time that is all that was available!
  2. I'll be down that way tomorrow with Tom, Buddy, et al, and I'd consider pulling my shock and swapping it for the order of a new one - my wife can cage it down and pick me up if we have an extended time to wait on the new shock.

I know neither of those are great options, but just looking for ways to get him on the road!

Goose

i got you covered either way goose. may need to get anther two cases of beer!

So many thanks to you guys. Tom did contact me. No shock in San Antonio so I am checking on the West Coast. When I find one, it will be fed-x'd in. I've ridden hard tail... mucho younger then. 1958 Triumph 650, 10" over forks, chrome frame, the whole 70's thing. Maye that' why the kindneys complain now?

And a huge thanks to Freebird for getting me back on the list to make this happen.

"2 cases of beer".... make it a micro brew and I'm all over that. Should have brought more home brew. Never know when you will need it.

I somehow doubt any shop is going to have one in stock, but if you can find one in North Texas (anywhere from Abilene to Texarkana), I'll pick it up and deliver it.

Goose

You REALLY gotta love this Venture community... Nice and impressive..

As long as you're on two wheels with bugs in your face or windscreen it doesn't matter what you ride, but riding a Venture REALLY makes it special..

Warms the heart, doesn't it..

Cheers to all who responded to the gents call for aid..

You REALLY gotta love this Venture community... Nice and impressive..

As long as you're on two wheels with bugs in your face or windscreen it doesn't matter what you ride, but riding a Venture REALLY makes it special..

Warms the heart, doesn't it..

Cheers to all who responded to the gents call for aid..

Amen to all the above! This has to be the best biker community I have ever seen par none.

Boomer.....with a special Thanks to those who are located close enough to help this Venture rider!:thumbsup2:

If you find one in the panhandle somewhere (Lubbock, Amarillo, odessa, etc.) I'll gladly assist in getting it to you.

By the way, there is a yamaha warehouse somewhere in texas, My local dealer has been able to get me parts NEXT DAY, and saturday if you pay for the saturday shipping, so you may want to check again with the local dealers - and let them know you'd be willing to pay for that shipping. I'll run by my local Yamaha dealership to see what they can do too.

I've checked with the west coast, BikeBandit, and 3 dlrs. in San Antonio... no joy and all say 3 to 5 day delivery... which might indicate that the Tx warehouse does not have them as well.

The air bag is fine.... and it bouces!!! so the shock itself is not siezed... just out of juice. The only real complication is that I am towing a BushTek trailer. Less toung weight than 2 up, just a control issue maybe.

I think I am going check a few more dealers but it does not look promising. I'll pass along what I find in a few minutes.

I'm in Houston and looking for a place to ride tomorrow. I just can't check the dealerships here while at work. If you can find one, I'll pick it up and bring it. Not sure what tools you need for that job, and NO expertise. But, I have printed out the service manual.

Let me know?

Dave

The lubbock dealer said they can get one by saturday.

The shock itself is ~$640 and Saturday delivery will be additional $75.

The parts guy just needs to know by 5 so he can get it ordered if you want it....

It is Watt's Yamaha in Lubbock, TX. Their number is 806-281-9619 (Cameron - the parts guy's Direct #)

or the general dealership number is 806-281-9610.

If you would prefer - either message me or give me a call and I'll be happy to get it ordered for you (then I can either meet someone part way or maybe come down to deliever it depending on how my schedule ends up working out)

My number is in the profile, I would prefer to not list it here.

- Rick M.

Edited by LilBeaver

i have a works progressive on mine. can take mine off

and order another,or do as goose said,,hard tail. im against riding with just air. if it blows it wwill squat.bad news.

Good news!!! FOUND ONE in Fort worth.. Yamaha suzuki West of Fort Worth. Get this... $581 with overnight. Wow. Still spendy but everyone else quotes list of $675 + tax+ s&h.

So, I'll have the shock in hand tomorrow afternoon. I feel better now.

I been kinda quiet on this one. But gotta throw my Kudos to Yamaha West. Thats my dealer. I needed a new windshield, guess what IN STOCK. So they are sending it to you? I get off work in 45 mins. I could pick it up and haul it on down if you need to. Can't leave till morning tho. Gotta go feed the Pasture Art. Again Mike and the other parts guys are great. Arron is the service manager he to is great. these folks never have let me down. Well it did take a whole Saturday to get my Mighty Steed purchased serviced and out on the road.

Let me know if I can help in any way. I am off tomorrow.

God's speed

Herb

Thanks To all the guys that tried to help! I wasnt able to make calls as I was driving my WalMart truck and couldnt get on my laptop.Thanks Guys! We will get him rolling Saturday Morning as I think Goose is picking up the shock in FT Worth unless it has already been shipped overnight.Thanks Goose! See ya Tomorrow,Ill be thru with my work week by noon,be home around 3PM.Beer is COLD!!

I been kinda quiet on this one. But gotta throw my Kudos to Yamaha West. Thats my dealer. I needed a new windshield, guess what IN STOCK. So they are sending it to you? I get off work in 45 mins. I could pick it up and haul it on down if you need to. Can't leave till morning tho. Gotta go feed the Pasture Art. Again Mike and the other parts guys are great. Arron is the service manager he to is great. these folks never have let me down. Well it did take a whole Saturday to get my Mighty Steed purchased serviced and out on the road.

Let me know if I can help in any way. I am off tomorrow.

God's speed

Herb

Thanks Herb..Is that the dealer that he got it from? If so I will send them a Thank You!.Tom