IGNORED

Time to convert to Supporting Members Only

Freebird

Hey boss,

That extra $US12 I sent you for 2 years - if there's somebody more deserving who can't scratch up the $12 for some reason, please apply it to their 'membership'.

Spear

BTW - how's the vision side of things with you?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem, if the situation comes up, I'll take care of it.

The eye is doing OK for now. It's a waiting game at this point. I guess radiation continues to work for months and maybe even a couple of years. I can still see fine at this time but they keep telling me to not get my hopes up. I go back in about 4 months now to have all the tests repeated and will find out then what the state of the cancer is. They say that I could still lose vision in the eye at any time...even as long as a couple of years from now. I'm thankful for the results at this time though. The biggest danger now is that it hasn't and doesn't spread. This cancer is known to spread and usually ends up in the liver if it does. That will be a very bad situation but so far, no indication that it has done so. I have years of liver scans and etc. ahead of me but I'll deal with that as it comes. Not going to live my life in worry and fear.

Just checking this out. I have been lurking here about a couple times a month for a couple years now. Don't think I've posted much, if ever. I have gained a ton of knowledge from this site from you guys.

12 Bucks...well spent.

I usually don't say much, but when I do... it's usually either important (to me anyways) or something that cuases a ruckus. Hope I don't cause too many ruckuses here. You guys are great! Thanks. OK.. I'll shut up now.

Just checking this out. I have been lurking here about a couple times a month for a couple years now. Don't think I've posted much, if ever. I have gained a ton of knowledge from this site from you guys.

12 Bucks...well spent.

I usually don't say much, but when I do... it's usually either important (to me anyways) or something that cuases a ruckus. Hope I don't cause too many ruckuses here. You guys are great! Thanks. OK.. I'll shut up now.

Glad you decided to join us Mike. If you cause too much of a ruckus, we'll just turn the volume down. :)

That is one smart, logical move you made here Don. I think it is about time that you get something back for all your expenses, time and work. Long due to say the least. Proud to be a member of this great community.

Wish you and your family all the best.

DITTO I"LL SECOND THAT!! :thumbsup2::australia::thumbsup2::australia::thumbsup2::australia:

Is that number available for us to see? Or did you just do a manual count?

I can look in the admin panel at the different usergroups and see how many are in each group. So I just look at the supporting members group and it shows a total count. I don't think there is any place it can be seen here though.

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old post, but I was wondering how long "expired" members are maintained on the roles? I'm not advicating anything here, just wondering. I was looking through the membership list and it looks like there are more expired than supporting. If there was a way to sort the list that way, it wouldn't take so long to find someone who is actively involved. FWIW and IMHO!

Edited by Zane

Don,

I personally do not think that a 15 day free trial is long enough for a new person to decide if they want to join or walk away.

It took me about 3 months before I felt comfortable to join this site and the 90 days (or so) gave me antiquate time to attend a local meet & eat to see and meet some VR members and get that warm feeling to join.

I really feel you might be hurting yourself (or the site) with such a short time to decide to become a member.

Just my 2 cents Boss :whistling:

Don,

I personally do not think that a 15 day free trial is long enough for a new person to decide if they want to join or walk away.

It took me about 3 months before I felt comfortable to join this site and the 90 days (or so) gave me antiquate time to attend a local meet & eat to see and meet some VR members and get that warm feeling to join.

I really feel you might be hurting yourself (or the site) with such a short time to decide to become a member.

Just my 2 cents Boss :whistling:

I never thought too much about this before, but your right Eck. It takes a bit of time for a new member to get comfortable with this gang. :whistling:

don,

i personally do not think that a 15 day free trial is long enough for a new person to decide if they want to join or walk away.

It took me about 3 months before i felt comfortable to join this site and the 90 days (or so) gave me antiquate time to attend a local meet & eat to see and meet some vr members and get that warm feeling to join.

Just my 2 cents boss :whistling:

absolutely no disrespect intended - but the only thing a person would loose by joining and then deciding it isn't the place for them is 12 bucks. We biker use that much gas in a days riding...my 2cents.....

absolutely no disrespect intended - but the only thing a person would loose by joining and then deciding it isn't the place for them is 12 bucks. We biker use that much gas in a days riding...my 2cents.....

I'm new to the site, and I'm not sure if I'll join or not. I am a member of 3 different online forums, all of which are free. The Yamaha Motorcycle Forum is a great resource.

I agree that 15 days is too short. There's a lot to look at here and, even though it's only $12, I have to figure out if I want to start paying for internet forums. (Yes, I am that cheap)

I've been here for just a short time, I joined because really 12.00 is not alot of money to find out if I fit in here, I may not, I live a long ways from most of the members on this forum and I sometimes feel like an outsider because of that, But Im not skeered.:stickpoke:

I've been here for just a short time, I joined because really 12.00 is not alot of money to find out if I fit in here, I may not, I live a long ways from most of the members on this forum and I sometimes feel like an outsider because of that, But Im not skeered.:stickpoke:

If you like eating and specifically , eating ice cream, not to worry youll fit in just fine....lol. Youre a way from quite a few members, but heck so am I, and ive made some darn good friends in here, so get out and ride that 85 the distances it was made for.

Meet cha up in Cody next July and we can compare 85 Glorious Maxie Brown paint jobs....lol!

Brian

Well you dont live that far from Big Bend Natl Park and we are having a get together Nov 11-15th..This is a personal invite...I bet you will fit right in! http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=43261

I am a new member... I looked at a few of the forms, really found alot in the tech talk section here. I also looked at other free sites. The people here seem interested in helping each other, and new members.

Paying just a little money before being allowed to post will deter many people who like to join forms to create drama, and belittle others for asking questions. $12 dollars a year is well worth the investment to be part of a great site!!

Congrats to everyone here for running, and making up such a great place, where new members feel welcome!!

Thank you.

My screen still says that I expire in 9 days. Will I be eligible for the extra 45 days, or did I just miss it?

I THINK it will extend but if not, just let me know and I'll reset it for you. As for your comment about other sites being free. They are only free to YOU. SOMEBODY pays for them. It might be the owner, advertisers, whatever but bandwidth and disk space is not free. I keep advertising here to a bare minimum. Most of our members have indicated over the years that they don't want to see advertisements, banners, etc. between every post. It's up to each individual to decide what kind of site they prefer. If you stick around, I think you'll come to appreciate it but if not, I hope that you find a place that makes you happy.