IGNORED

Dunlop Elite IIIs

MAINEAC

I just bought a set of Dunlop Elite IIIs for my RSV and I noticed that the front tire is fatter than the rear... This bugged me a little so I did some poking around and found out the MV85-15 size listed for the RSV rear is the same as a 150/80-15 (See it here)...

I got the stock size 150/80-16 for the front and I guess because of the 1" difference in rim size makes the front wider... I haven't got past the scrub in stage yet so I'm not sure if it affects handling... Has anyone else noticed this???

Edited by MAINEAC

MAINEAC: Last year you were running a CT. Why the change back to MC tires?

I'm putting an Elite III on the rear of my bike tonight. I got 10,000 miles out of the Michelin Commander I put on last year after trying a CT. The front Commander still looks good and ought give me another 3000 or so miles.

Yeah I had a car tire and it hit the wearbars at 19K but about 14k of that was pulling a trailer... I was going to go with a Michelin XZX 165SR15 on the rear and a Dunlop K700 150/80R16 Rear on the front... BUT... I was planning on going back to Laconia this weekend and I couldn't pull it off on time so I ordered the Elite 3s on Mon. and they were in my Bro's shop on Tues...

PS: Laconia looks like a washout...

Edited by MAINEAC

I have the Elite IIIs on my 2007 Venture, so far the mileage looks great, and the ride and handling are great. I highly recommend them.

I don't know what you changed from, but I just replaced original Bridgestones with E3s on my bike and I love the difference it made. It handles better at all speeds.

Did either of you notice that the front tire is wider than the rear????

Hey Maineac,

According to the numbers you posted, the tires should be the EXACT same width.

the 150 number is the tread width, (150MM) the 80 number is the height of the sidewall, which is 80% of the 150 number, (120MM) and the last number is the rim size.

Using the numbers for the front and rear tires, the rear tire is 24.4488 tall and the front tire is 25.4488 tall. (1 inch taller) but the same width.

According to the numbers,:think:

Earl

Mr. Maineac -

I had not noticed the front being wider before, but it seems just eyeballing with a tape measure to the widest point that the front is indeed about 1/4" wider.

No worries though, they were great. New last sept, then about 17000 miles before the rear showed cord. Front has plently left. Took on cross crounty trip from Virginia to LA and back home though SD pulling a 350 lb trailer, a trip from VA to mexico 2-up with trailer, another to Myrtle Beach 2-up with trailer, and 3 or 4 cross state trips, some 2-up some with trailer.

Going to try Darkside. The front E3 is not being changed at this time.

Hey folks,

Recently spoke with some wing riders up at Americade. They swear by the E-3's. So here is my question for all of you seasoned Venture Riders: I am preparing for my front and rear tire purchase. So far the only tires the scoot has seen is Michelin Commanders. Second set with terrific wear. I am reading alot about the Avon tires?? Now reading about the E-3's?? Is there any overall comparitive information based on actual use of the above listed. I am happy with the Commanders. But, I am always willing to try newer technologies, or better performing products.

Thanks always for the opportunity to reach out for tech support.

Ricardo.:thumbsup2: