I just want to make sure i just did this right. You guys have me thinking my washer is in the wrong spot.

i just changed my rear tire on my 2004 RSV. on the right side i have the rim w/rotor, bushing inside rim, brake bracket, washer then swing arm. i looked at the schematic and that is what I saw and assembled it so.

I torqued the axle nut to 110 and turns, just not free spin like a bicycle.

I have not ridden it as the rain has stopped me, but i won't ride till i know i have parts in correct order.

The yellow arrow points to the stepped collar. I don't think this came out of the wheel when I removed mine recently to have a new tire installed. I'll note the Clymer Manual says removal of this collar is optional.

I'll wager a guess that the collar was jarred loose when transporting the wheel to the shop that installed the new tire. Look for it in your car's trunk or where ever you transported the wheel, or call the shop that changed the tire.

that stepped collar bearing thingie - mine, thank goodness was held in by grease. i did not know it would come out. it came out when i was re installing the rim w/new tire. i almost cropped my pants.

i realized it was a part that was meant to come out and just put it back and finished the assembly. this is one of those sub steps that may be assumed by some.

it should be noted in the "How to remove a rear tire" to remove and stow that bearing so you or the shop don't mistakenly loose it.

as i perform tasks on my scooter, i compile my own version of the how to as i move along with one and add my own comments. i have my own "maual" that i make as i go.

some of our members with experience will perform some steps automatically not realizing their one step is really made up of two or three mini steps.

i do appreciate the tech section as it helped me remove my rear tire and save me some bux.

thanks for all the input.