IGNORED

remodel of the Venture

rdliner

I love to hear the rumors and believe them but the truth is no one will know what Yamaha will do until September. Yamaha is very tight lipped about new models. They don't disclose any info with any dealer until the new model is introduced. Also, Yamaha doesn't listen to what customers or dealers want and neither do most other manufacturers. I was in North Carolina a few weeks ago and when I went out of the hotel in the morning to clean my windshield a gentlemen that was walking his dog asked me what year model my bike was. I told him it was an 05 and that is was a yamaha venture. He said he was very familiar with the venture and was going to buy one until he found it didn't have fuel injection so he bought a goldwing. He was 72 years old and had ridden Kawasaki's for years. He was disappointed in the new Kawasaki touring bike because it was a twin cylinder. He said Kawasaki asked riders for their input on the new bike but didn't listen to anything they said. He said he talked to an engineer with Kawasaki who told him they had a prototype with 5 cylinders but they scrapped that for the twin. Bottom line is, no one will know anything until September.

You can miss alot of riding waiting for something that may or may not happen. I too was waiting for the "new model" (for 2 years). I test rode everything out there. I needed something better suited for two-up riding. In short I kept coming back to the Venture. The tape deck and carbs just bugged the heck out of me. I couldn't see spending $20k for an "old tech" bike. But then I started my research on cost of ownership and maintenance, the Venture won. As luck would have it, I found a clean low milage one and jumped on it. Now my wife and I have enjoyed several long trips together and I don't care who is coming out with what and when, the "new model" pressure is over. I just enjoy what I have and ride it, no regrets.

If they don't make big changes, I'm going with a Voyager. It addresses the things that bothered me about the gen 2 Venture. I want a F.I. motor (would prefer the 4 cyl) and a frame mounted fairing. The Voyager has it, the Venture does not. And at $17k the Voyager is very attactive. Please Yamaha, don't let me down. My 1983 can't live forever.

I had a 2000 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100 before I bought the Venture.Really liked that bike,but my best friend had a 2006 GoldWing.Every time we went riding I was always

asking him to put my helmets and jackets in his bike.His Brother In Law bought a 2004

Venture.I fell in love with it.Almost bought an Electra Glide,But I wanted a water cooled bike.It's hot in Florida.I rode his GoldWing and didn't care for it.The suspension was too

stiff and I'm used to having my feet out in front of me.I looked around and found a 2007

Blue/Black one with 4000 miles on it, and bought it.I love this bike! I had the whine ,but had the I basket installed by the dealer and it got rid of about 90% of the noise.I changed the tires for a set of Dunlop Elite III's and handling greatly improved.It handles better than my Shadow,just heavier at a stop.I have about $3,000 dollars worth of accessories and chrome on it.I wish it had a reverse like the GoldWing does,but I can

live with it the way it is.I don't understand how fellow bikers spend so much money on

a bike to make it their own,and like it,and trade it in on a new bike just because it's

newer and has more gadgets.Yea, the radio could be better,but every bike I've owned before didn't even have one.I don't know how good a radio can be on a bike due to all

the variables.Every thing on this bike can be fixed or tailored to suit the rider a lot cheaper than the cost of a new bike.I love the sound of the V-4.It sounds like a Small Block Chevy V-8.Others can buy a new bike if they want,but I can't see a bike fitting me

better than this one.I'll keep it for a long time,no matter what comes out.

Well I just bought a 2004 with 8800 miles, so I've only got 191,200 miles before time to trade, Yamaha needs to hurry, so there will be a good low miles used one when I get ready to trade.

If I live long enough I intend to see this hit 200,000 miles, you know to get my moneys worth.

Gregg

I had a 2000 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100 before I bought the Venture.Really liked that bike,but my best friend had a 2006 GoldWing.Every time we went riding I was always

asking him to put my helmets and jackets in his bike.His Brother In Law bought a 2004

Venture.I fell in love with it.Almost bought an Electra Glide,But I wanted a water cooled bike.It's hot in Florida.I rode his GoldWing and didn't care for it.The suspension was too

stiff and I'm used to having my feet out in front of me.I looked around and found a 2007

Blue/Black one with 4000 miles on it, and bought it.I love this bike! I had the whine ,but had the I basket installed by the dealer and it got rid of about 90% of the noise.I changed the tires for a set of Dunlop Elite III's and handling greatly improved.It handles better than my Shadow,just heavier at a stop.I have about $3,000 dollars worth of accessories and chrome on it.I wish it had a reverse like the GoldWing does,but I can

live with it the way it is.I don't understand how fellow bikers spend so much money on

a bike to make it their own,and like it,and trade it in on a new bike just because it's

newer and has more gadgets.Yea, the radio could be better,but every bike I've owned before didn't even have one.I don't know how good a radio can be on a bike due to all

the variables.Every thing on this bike can be fixed or tailored to suit the rider a lot cheaper than the cost of a new bike.I love the sound of the V-4.It sounds like a Small Block Chevy V-8.Others can buy a new bike if they want,but I can't see a bike fitting me

Well Said. Now you know why so many 1st Gen owners won't give up on them. I got enough 1st Gen parts to buy a new 2nd Gen but not gonna happen!!:stirthepot:

Well Said. Now you know why so many 1st Gen owners won't give up on them. I got enough 1st Gen parts to buy a new 2nd Gen but not gonna happen!!:stirthepot:

With you brother! Not to insult anyone here they gotta change the style get something different. Too many bikes look the same, cut out of the same boring cookie cutter mold. Can't tell one from the other. They gotta get something that catches your eye. The Victory Vision does that. Your like whats that? Too bad I dont care for the style of the Vision but its different. Time for a CHANGE! :smash2:

• 2 weeks later...

This is true. Yamaha will either have to ditch the RSV/RSTD model or upgrade the engine. In California all bikes must be FI by 2010 to pass the California state emissions. To add insult to injury California wants to pass a law that requires all bikes sold after 2012 to have bi-annual smog checks just like passenger vehicles. OUCH!!! I think that they will have a hard time getting that law passed. :thumbdown:

It is all rumors until it comes out on Starmotorcycles.com

HOWEVER I do know that the current RSV will go out of production at the end of the 2009 model year, or at least will not be sold in the US and any other country that has adopted the following.

The EPA tier II motorcycle emissions standard goes into effect for the 2010 model year and the current RSV will NOT pass.........

Now if you look at the motor in the 1st gen Vmax and the 2nd Gen RSV, they are quite similar and share many parts. This helps Yamaha lower the cost per unit by spreading out the R&D cost over more units.

SO, with luck, Yamaha will take the 2nd gen Vmax motor and modify it and put it in a 2010 or 2011 model year RSV, I will be VERY happy, and I'll put my 2007 RSV up for sale!!!!!!!!

But remember it is all rumors untill the offical press release from Yamaha!!!!!!!!

Most of the Fuel Injections on motorcycles are throttle bodies with the fuel injectors spraying into the air stream, not into the cylinder heads. They look a lot like carburetors and attach to the engines just like carbs. Need to add a sensor in the exhaust which is tied to a computer/TCI which then controls the mixture. Minimal changes to the rest of the bike. Doesn't seem to even improve gas mileage much, if at all.

That was the bike I had my eyes on. Again rumor, but I've read it's only getting 32mpg vs the advertised 36mpg and has been dyno tested at 74hp. Just FYI.

They changed the new Voyager....now it's another V-twin, just like Harley, like Suzuki, like every other cookie cutter bike on the road. I had an '07 VTX 1800 and an '07 Stratoliner. I HATED the V-twin engine, especially the Strat. That air cooled pig sounded like it was going to knock and bang itself apart. To me, if my '07 RSTD had F.I and didn't have that big, ugly speedometer it would be the ideal bike for me.

Art

• 5 years later...

How did you get rid of the whine?