IGNORED

Pinstriping at Freebird's Maintenance Day

Freebird

Hey folks, just throwing this out there to see if there is any interest, if not, no big deal. There is a local pinstriper in the Cleveland area that does really nice pinstripes, cartoon characters, etc. on bikes of all kinds. I have asked him if he would be interested in setting up and doing some of this work on bikes at Maintenance Day. He is interested but can't commit because his wife is expecting on June 11th. He said he would like to do it though and will try to make it IF there is any interest.

So...is there any interest? He does pinstripes, names, characters, etc. Don't know what his prices are but I know that he typically charged about $100.00 per bike but said that he does give group rates. I will find out more if there is any interest but don't want to waste his time if there is not.

I wonder if he has to worry about copyright crap.

Not really. I've been doing this stuff for over 25 years now, and the concensus is basically...

if it's a one of a kind cartoon, and not reproduced over and over, then there's not a problem. If you want a Goofy on your side cover, then it's cool...but don't ask for a multi run of a Mickey t-shirt...:no-no-no:

Things like this go in funny streaks too...

the Tazmanian Devil was a big one a few years back, and so waz Betty Boop...(did lots of both...just not all at the same time or place)

I wonder what'll be next(???) :rasberry: