IGNORED

Hope you guys will still talk to me.....

Guest ReinyRooster

Guest ReinyRooster

Thanks guys. Ya, I've been doing some reading up about the heel-toe shifter issues....might just leave that mod alone. Nothing wrong with shifting with the toes.

Looking forward to seeing everybody at Don's.

Good for you Reinyrooster,

April 1, 2008 when we got our Harley Davidson Ultra Classic, we felt the same way as you. The folks here were so nice about the bike not being a part of the whole picture.

Ride safe and enjoy every mile of the ride.

Yama Mama

Sorry to see you couldn't find what you were looking for in a 2nd Gen! Had the same problem when I was looking after my accident last year! Wife still don't like ridding on the Roadstar so I spent today making brackets to lower and move the floor-boards ahead to try and compensate----but hopefully it doesn't and when work sorts itself out we will be able to buy another Venture(wish I had the money to buy yours and use mine for parts---but wife still won't budge and I didn't win lottery-----yet) didn't seem to be too long before you got newer bike(see your wife must be a softer sell than mine) Hope you enjoy your new ride anyways!See you in your travels(are you going to Carls Meet & Eat so we can see it?

Congratulations, as others said, it will be an easy transition over to the GW. Your first gen and the GW look so much alike.

Enjoy your first ride and of course the ride down to maintenance day so we can all see it.

My '87 VR is for sale and I have been scouring the local rags, trader websites etc and every 2nd gen that I was interested in was either too much, mileage was too high or when I called the number in the ad, found that the bike sold a week ago and the ad hadn't been cancelled! So I'm driving around to numerous local bike shops and stumbled across a deal I couldn't resist. Next Friday I will take delivery of a black 2000 Honda Goldwing with only 21,000km. For you metrically challenged people, that's about 13,000 miles. It's really clean, not too much extra chrome to clean. Just needs a heel-toe shifter, which I will add soon.

I'm smiling again......hope I can still come to Freebird's maintenance day and still visit this site.

I know we joke alot and rib each people about what brand of bike they ride if it's not a Venture, I have to be honest when I say that this site and it's members are one of the best group of people I have ever met. I have made some good friends here and can honestly say that I anticipate still attending some of these events and keeping in contact.

This group is full of nuts..........and I'm a nut so I guess that says it all!

I'll post pics next weekend after I get her home.

How is this possible????? The Rooster lays a egg and buys a wing...:D :crackup::crackup::rotfl:

Way to go Reiny,sounds like a great bike..:happy34:

Good for you Reinyrooster,

April 1, 2008 when we got our Harley Davidson Ultra Classic, we felt the same way as you. The folks here were so nice about the bike not being a part of the whole picture.

Ride safe and enjoy every mile of the ride.

Yama Mama

Good one Peggy...You got me once,but I'm not buying it this time...:rasberry: