IGNORED

What am I doing wrong ??

The push-to-talk is only for the CB. The intercom is always on.

There is a volume level control for the intercom. Press the center button until you see IC in the display. Use the up/down toggle to increase/decrease the volume. Pretty sure that's your difficulty.

Good luck.

RR

On the control pod, push the "Select" button until IC comes up on the display. Then use the rocker switch to turn the IC volume up to about 15. Make sure the rear volume control, on the left rear speaker pod, is turned up. Then just speak into the microphones, do NOT use the push to talk switch, that is only for the CB.

OK, I just went back out. I turned the radio volume down and turned the "IC" volume to 20. All I get is a Hiss in the headsets. I get no audio in the opposing headset when speaking into the mic. This is driving me nucking futs :nanner:

Can anyone tell me what I should look at?

The first thing to check is to make sure the Warden is not watching. :no-no-no: :no-no-no: Then look to see if the "strawberry" blond is taking her evening walk. If she's not out you may wanna check to see if the brunette with the stroller is coming by... :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

Actually, the intercom should work regardless of the stereo being on HS or SP. At least mine does. I use the external speakers most of the time but we still talk on the intercom.

Ya had to go and bust my balloon didn't ya.

Yea...sorry about that. I wish you lived closer so that you could stop by. We would figure it out. Have you removed the seat and checked the connection under it? There is a black connector under the seat that has been know to come unplugged.

Yea...sorry about that. I wish you lived closer so that you could stop by. We would figure it out. Have you removed the seat and checked the connection under it? There is a black connector under the seat that has been know to come unplugged.

I haven't removed the seat yet. I'll figure it out. I appreciate all of the feedback. It will probably turn out to be something simple and stupid. I will post my results.

Thanks again for all of the help and Thanks for the emails Randy.

Is the radio volume suppose to decrease when you speak into the microphone? I have a problem with my radio getting "stuck" on one channell and nothing else will work. It has been in the shop 3 times now, once the module was replaced and it still does the same thing. Dealership said it was a short that they supposedly fixed last time. Still did it the last time I was home from Iraq.

I got my Chatterbox headsets in my helmets but I can't get the intercom to work :think:. I get audio from the radio but when I push either push to talk buttons, Nothing happens. Can anyone tell me what I should look at?

I use the chatterbox headsets as well. Occasionally when I put my helmet on the radio is working fine through them but the intercom does not. I've found that if I reseat the plug on the middle wire (one from the tank to the helmet) on the small end it begins to work. The larger plug never gives me a problem, just the smaller end. Hope this helps.

I have the Chatterbox as well. Check the small end pins. I have bent mine before and was not able to hear out of one side or the other and once had exactly what you have. Do not disconnect the short cable from the longer cable. That small connection is a weak spot on the Chatterbox's.

OK, I just spent an hour and a half working on this. I disconnected and reconnected the large plug under the cover on the fuel tank, still nothing. I disconnected and reconnected the large plug on the rear fender, still nothing. I removed the seat and disconnected and reconnected the plug that sits on the the rear fender under the seat, still nothing.

Randy had a ton of wiring done to the bike. There are connectors for MP3 players, Satellite radio and GPS units. I can't help but wonder if one of those connections is interfering with the intercoms function. It's starting to look like a trip to the Yamaha shop will be in my future.

Thanks for the help !! but I think I'm giving up.