IGNORED

34-5 inch scratch on trunk---ouch *&!!%$**

BuckShot

Buzzman and I rode our bikes to the local Moose lodge Thurs. night for burgers and my son drove sence his bike is in the shop ( he joined and Buzzman and I just joined a week ago) It happened to be Mooseriders night and we parked with the other bikes. Stood outside for 10 min. talking with a Wing rider before going in. Buzzman had just wiped his 08 RSV down before coming to my house and I had washed mine the night before. As we were leaving ( one and a half hours later) , we stopped at the road and I noticed something on Buzzmans trunk, Yelled at him and we got off to look. SOMEONE HAD KEYED HIS LOWER TRUNK ! So deep that it went though the paint and gouged the plastic. Looked at my bike and found a four inch key mark on the left saddlebag lid (side) not deep will rub out no problem. Went back and talked with the other riders and they all seemed upset and checked their bikes. Ours were the only ones gotten. Security camera not working over the bikes. Everyone said they will be fixed shortly after this!

Mostly Harley's there that night. They did ask if we wanted to go for a ride with them afterwards. We diclined as we were not in the mood. A couple of them did mention that they looked at our bikes when they got there and they loved Buzzman's speedometer. It kind of bothered me that noone asked who had the strange bikes out front and would we like to join their meeting before it started.

This lodge is out in the country and quit a ways off the road. Probably 3 or 4 hundred yards off the road.

Anyway--We are wondering what to do. Voice your 2 cents worth.

Do we stay members if we are approved or do we ask for our money back ?

PS--The member that recruited us asked around and no one has heard of any other problem of cars or anything being keyed before. Everyone he talked to seemed upset about this incident.

Thanks Gil

Opps--title should read 4 or 5 inch ( typing to fast)

Edited by BuckShot

If that happened to me, and I knew without a doubt where it happened, everyone would be a suspect. I don't think I wouldn't feel very comfortable hanging out with people I couldn't trust. It's a shame there are so many jackasses hiding amongst the crowd. I would ask for my money back and tell them I would be sure to warn anybody who might be interested in joining their club. Which would suck for the good people in the club. Just another example of one JERK spoiling it for everyone else.

If that happened to me, and I knew without a doubt where it happened, everyone would be a suspect. I don't think I wouldn't feel very comfortable hanging out with people I couldn't trust. It's a shame there are so many jackasses hiding amongst the crowd. I would ask for my money back and tell them I would be sure to warn anybody who might be interested in joining their club. Which would suck for the good people in the club. Just another example of one JERK spoiling it for everyone else.

The Moose Lodge is a family oriented organization. The Moose riders is just a bunch of members that have bikes and get together for rides and meetings. We know for sure that it happened at the lodge. No Question. Weather it was another rider or someone else at the lodge or a child, we have no idea. Being a Thurs. night, it was not busy, probably 30 to 40 people total. Moose riders are like American Legion riders.

They could have just as easily pushed it over in the parking lot!:confused24: It was obviously someone that knows the cameras were not working which means they are in the "inner circle" of people that come there regularly. What if you catch them next time, THEN WHAT! A fight would surely mean you would loose your membership anyway. I personally don't like going where I'm not welcome and have enough friends and riding buddies to live without going to a place where I would be worried about my motorcycle EVERY SECOND I was there. This is just a side note but I would be concerned what message I was sending my son since he was a witness to the event. Would you be teaching him to disregard the time tested addage," Fool me once, shame on me....." As always, it is up to you to decide what you feel "warm and fuzzy" about, I don't know about your town but there are more places to buy an adult beverage in my town then there are churches!

My name is Earl Harrell (skydoc_17) and thats what I think about this issue.

They could have just as easily pushed it over in the parking lot!:confused24: It was obviously someone that knows the cameras were not working which means they are in the "inner circle" of people that come there regularly. What if you catch them next time, THEN WHAT! A fight would surely mean you would loose your membership anyway. I personally don't like going where I'm not welcome and have enough friends and riding buddies to live without going to a place where I would be worried about my motorcycle EVERY SECOND I was there. This is just a side note but I would be concerned what message I was sending my son since he was a witness to the event. Would you be teaching him to disregard the time tested addage," Fool me once, shame on me....." As always, it is up to you to decide what you feel "warm and fuzzy" about, I don't know about your town but there are more places to buy an adult beverage in my town then there are churches!

:goodpost: Well stated buddy..

B.I.N.G.O. !!!! Couldn`t say it better myself...

There are places which claim to be family oriented, law respecting etc...etc.... But way down in there there is a low-class resentment to any thing different......

One of my cars is a Lexus LX470 ....I like to take it on long trips and have been to every western state. Never had any problem, except in Utah, In Salt Lake City on three consecutive days in three different locations with no connection between them and in totally different parts of town - my car was keyed three different times...... What can I say except that the place is full of "not my kind of people" ..... I left that very day, and have never been back....I avoid Utah like the plague!!!!

If that happened to me, I would ask for my money back and never return..... But, that's my opinion.:(:confused24:

:bawling:

Do we stay members if we are approved or do we ask for our money back ?

If you are approved!!!!!!! They keyed your bike!!! I'd find me some other riding partners myself.

Sounds like everyone thinks it was one of the MooseRiders. We don't care if we ride with the Mooseriders or not. Its about the Moose Lodge being a national organization. You can go into any moose anywhere in the country to eat or have some refreshment, just like if you joined a leagon ( where a vet or a son or grandson of a vet) They have dances on Fri. and Sat. night, good food, you get the picture.

Don't get me wrong, both of us are very upset about this as is my 24 yr old son. I think he already knows his own mind and can form his own oppinions.( he's more like me than even I like to admit) I do know one of the moose riders that was their, have know him for 25 yrs and worked with his brother and rode with both of them. Haven't seen him in a couple of yrs. and he was glad to see me.

As for riding partners--Buzzman's two sons ride, my son rides, and my daughter is looking for a bike now. We both have been on the rode sence we were 16 . We also have many friends that ride.

Plus we both have joined here and can't wait to meet everyone.

We went to City Barbque last night, rode awhile and went back to

Buzzman's house for a campfire and was talking about Freebirds M-Day and the rally in Ark. Looks like we will be in Ark. and will be taking a second week to take our time coming home. Freebirds I'm trying to get someone to work for me.

Man, can tell by this post that I like to talk:rotfl:

We are really leaning on asking for our money back (60-40 now)

We both realize that this could have happened in any parking lot anywhere though.

Keep the thoughts coming, everyone of your opinions is very much appreciated. Thanks.

We are really leaning on asking for our money back (60-40 now)

We both realize that this could have happened in any parking lot anywhere though.

Yes, it could have happened anywhere, but it didn't. You know where it happened, and If you are approved for this 'club', you will always know that in at least one members mind that you're not welcome. I wouldn't even have to think about this. Politely ask for your money back, stating the reason above and Just tell them thanks but no thanks.:2cents:

Personally, I would stay a member. It seems that most have no problem with you and your son so I wouldn't let the 1-2 bad apples deter you. But I'm sure there is some sort of leadership there and I would get their word that the guilty party would be expelled if he was found out and if he was a member. And I would want it announced to all what happened and hope someone would come forward... and if so a good stomping would be in order. Hey, I didn't say I would be totally civil about it!

I agree with the others , Id ask for my money back. you said the rest of the bikes were all HD and only your two Yamahas were keyed. sounds like sombody didnt like you parking in line with them.

I dont really like parking anywhere out of eyesight.

I agree with the others , Id ask for my money back. you said the rest of the bikes were all HD and only your two Yamahas were keyed. sounds like sombody didnt like you parking in line with them.

I dont really like parking anywhere out of eyesight.

One Wing parked beside Buzzman's bike--Week before one different Wing and a Wing trike.