IGNORED

Wife just HAD to...

BigBoyinMS

Long story short... My wife has decided that she HAS to have her own bike and then decided that we HAD to take the Venture on a 60 mile trip yesterday afternoon to look at the one we found... even knowing that there was rain in the forecast. :bang head: Well, we were ok until we were 50 miles from home on the way back. And no rain gear. Then the bottom fell out..... it was one of the best rides we've had in a while! :Laugh: Yeah, I was worn out when I got home from trying to keep all my attention on the road, watching the other vehicles and trying to see through the drops but not even a hint of a slip from my Kumho! And we even had a guy taking photos of the funny looking wet people when we pulled over once.

FYI, it was an '03 VStar 650 Classic with 3,600 miles that we went to see. Going to pick it up tomorrow!

Liz and I went on a poker run yesterday, She never really paid much attention before, but by the end of the day, she started looking real close at the rides that other ladies had.So maybe a 'hers':mo money: bike in the barn in the future?

Of course it would be mine when it breaks.:doh:

Long story short... My wife has decided that she HAS to have her own bike and then decided that we HAD to take the Venture on a 60 mile trip yesterday afternoon to look at the one we found... even knowing that there was rain in the forecast. :bang head: Well, we were ok until we were 50 miles from home on the way back. And no rain gear. Then the bottom fell out..... it was one of the best rides we've had in a while! :Laugh: Yeah, I was worn out when I got home from trying to keep all my attention on the road, watching the other vehicles and trying to see through the drops but not even a hint of a slip from my Kumho! And we even had a guy taking photos of the funny looking wet people when we pulled over once.

FYI, it was an '03 VStar 650 Classic with 3,600 miles that we went to see. Going to pick it up tomorrow!

Another gal riding :dancefool::sign woo hoo: MAGIC !! Enjoy the ride and the fun

never ride faster than your guardian angel:2133:can fly

my wife has never been 2 up with me. Only been 2 up with friends about 10 years ago.

It was my turnto buy what I wanted and when I mentioned a bike her eyes lit up. I thought , coll a riding buddy. She asked for the calsses at the local college , got her own license and bike , and never looked back.

Man what a lucky guy I am.

David

Once the wife buys her own ride, they never go back to two up. Great choice of a bike for her.

And you came up with this conclusion on what basis???? Heck, if my wife thinks she can ride on back of mine instead of her own, she's saddled on back and ready to go before I can swing a leg over. She likes highways but if a city or town is involved she wants on mine. Still nice once in awhile though riding solo...

Congrat's to the wife and I hope she has many happy miles. Eventually I'd like to get one myself. Unfortunately to take the course I'm gonna have to go elsewhere nobody here is teaching the safety course here.

Margaret

Here is a link to all the cities in NC that have courses... NC cities

I don't know about North Carolina but Mississippi doesn't require or give any credit for the course (as far as I know) so she is thinking of going over into Louisiana to take it... and save $100. It will still count for an insurance discount. If that's the case for NC then you could probably take it in Chesapeake,VA.

I hope to go with her and take the advanced class. I started riding back before classes were available and before license endorsements but I'm sure I can learn something! :thumbsup2:

Have fun you two and keep an eye out for those who don't watch where thay are going.

My wife doesn't ride her own and its really much safer for all concerned that she doesn't LOL

Have fun Ride safe and enjoy

Steve

Reversal of fortune here. For 30 years my ex rode her own bike. A beautiful Nighthawk 700S But the new lady in my life doesn't feel comfortable riding. Thats why I bought my 85 Royale. That how I met all of you good folks. Not a bad trade off if you have to make one.

Here's a reversal for you. My husband rides on the back of mine ... when I can get him to go.

Yay !!!! Another one. I pillion my hubby sometimes and he loves being the "ballast" in the sidecar too

never ride faster than your guardian angel:2133:can fly