IGNORED

removed cassette, added gauges......done

NEWS FLASH

I found some 1 1/2" guage sets made by Auto Meter. they cost a bit more than double what the Sunpro guages do............

AND you can get it with an ammeter or Voltmeter.......

Mechanical Three-Gauge Water Temp. / Oil Press. / Volt

Three-Gauge Water Temp. / Oil Press. / Volt

Oil Pressure, Ammeter, Water Temp, at Jeg's

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the autometer is what i used. i bought electrical, recommend mechanical.....the faceplate is plastic....easier to cut down and shape........hope the chrome metal faceplate works out.....white face gauges with a chrome faceplate would be awsome

That is absolutely the most logical place to put them. I just couldn't bring myself to remove the cassette and modify the fairing. No valid reason, just something weird in my brain that said I had a feature that came with the bike and wanted to keep it! Wonder what I'd a done if it came with an 8-track? :rotf:

Goose

You probably would've kept the 8 Track. :bowdown:

lighten

here is a pic of the mounting straps on the faceplate and where i attached them inside the fairing.

the first pic shows the faceplate and strap......second pic is the bolt through the white box that the end of the strap is attached to...you can also see the relay i used and the black fairing frame tubing with the mounting hole for the strap that holds the amp . the loose wire isone of the grounding straps for the new wiring that is attached to this frame....if i used a longer bolt, i could have attached the relay to this also.....but i just tie wrapped it later

can anyone here tell me how to post a rightup on my install and post pics as i go along......i can post all the pics at once, but that's not what i want to do.......

You can do it right here. or start another thread and name it whatever.

And Don (Freebird) or Mr Goose can place it in the VRTECH Area.

OR Don should chime in here in a bit. and he might want you to

use like a word program and you send it to him in an email, myself

I do it here, then they move it. I had some trouble with the pictures

and stuff doing it the other way. the only thing I did start to do was

Type MOST of my stuff in a word program as if you even dare hit the

Wrong key on your keyboard you will lose everything you started on

and have the start over. Just insert the photos after each step.. LOOK

above were you post from now.. you will See a paper clip , click to

the right of that and UP-LOAD your pictures to this site. THEN ,

Insert them from that same place as you type away!

Not to hard , just play around with it a couple times and

you will get the hang of it.

IE: the VRTECH one I did of the Rear Tire Change. the pictures are way to small to view now,

Not sure what happened there.

Jeff

do you mean the " insert image " icon.....will that let me type a paragraph, put a pic in, and then continue typing after the pic. ...........i'm assuming that when i hit the insert image , it will let me go to my kodak program and choose the pic i want?....is this right?

Pretty much that is it... Try it for a test in here now.. Also

you can hit preview at anytime and see what it looks like as well.

I promise nobody with laugh if you goof up! I promise :fingers-crossed-emo

Hey..... If there is a mistake along the way one of the Admins

can fix it for you at your request.

Thanks for the time doing the write-up. I think even Don is going to

as well. Maybe they can be added together

the more the merrier.I NEED LOTS OF PICS! I have my bezel already ~S~

Jeff

do you mean the " insert image " icon.....will that let me type a paragraph, put a pic in, and then continue typing after the pic. ...........i'm assuming that when i hit the insert image , it will let me go to my kodak program and choose the pic i want?....is this right?

It is almost like that. However, you may need to resize the pics in your Kodak software before using them. Freebird can't have you chewing up all the storage space with 8M high res images, unfortunately.

I look forward to seeing your writeup. This is one of the best looking mods for the RSV I have seen.

RR

Simply keep going back to the same post you want to use and re-edit it to add more or insert a picture anywhere the cursor is.

All pictures must be added using the Manage Attachments, like you did above. Then if you don't do anything else with them, they will just show up together at the end of your post. But if you want to insert one at a particular place in the text, first add it with Manage Attachments, then use the paperclip icon at the top of the message editing window to select a picture to insert wherever the cursor is at that time. Like this:[attach]28232[/attach]

If you want the picture to be flush with the left side, add a carriage return before you insert it. If you want the following text to start at the right bottom corner of the picture, just start typing immediately after the picture. If you want the following text to start at the left side UNDER the picture, add a carriage return after the picture before you start typing.

If you are going to insert several pictures in the same place, add a couple of spaces between each one so they are separated a bit. Don't be shy to experiment and edit it as much as you like to get the post to look like you want.

When you get all done with the writeup, just let me know which post you want saved for posterity, and I will move it to the Tech Library.

Goose

I've been thinking about this. I wonder if you could get that Koso tach with temp gauge and somehow put it in the middle with the oil pressure and ampmeter on either side. I know you'd probably have to do some adjustment for height as the Koso tach appears to be 2 1/4 inches including bezel. I know there's not much room side to side. Is there enough to do this? That would be the best of all worlds. A tach, water temp, ampers, and oil pressure in three small gauges and the loss of a useless tape player.

Oh and by the way, "socks on a toad" is just a hillbilly term. My wife hates it when I revert to my raisin'.

:bang head:

cougar

if you mean the plug for the oil pressure.....they never answered my e-mail.....go to discounthydralichose.com....they were the only ones i found that had a 20mm drilled adapter ( and other adapters).....but you will have to use a reducing bushing to fit the 1/8 npt right angle fitting ( that's what i did ) .......also,.. go to egauges.com to check out their line of metric bushings and adapters......

i don't think the width of the opening will allow that size and many gauges........when you pull the cassette, you will see that the white box that held the cassette also houses the idiot lights on either side.....you can't widen the opening without hitting those...........height wise...you can probably make wider gauges fit......

I went here http://www.cycleoneoff.com/Index.html

And can not find the already made plug for the life

of me there. I did email them though about it.

no response yet as of now.

Thanks for any help.

I also ordered the water bolt as well. on the way.

Jeff

Sorry I can't help you much here Jeff. I know they must have the adaptor, since they sell an oil pressure gauge kit for the bike, but they may not sell it separately. But frankly, making one is just so danged easy I would rather do that than take the time to try and find one, place an order and wait for it. You might just go to the counter in an autoparts store and see if they can order an M20-1.5 to 1/8NPT adaptor - maybe it is easy for them to find?

And what the hell is a "water bolt"?

Goose

Sorry , this *LOL* http://www.egauges.com/vdo_indA.asp?PN=R7965

And A Nice looking (water bolt):big-grin-emoticon: it is, Nope my plane is to have

ALL that is needed on the bench with pretty pictures to go by

and your write-up and the new write-up on the face plate mod.

READY to go when I am ready. not sure if I will do it until winter,

but NOW my interest is VERY high and I like the idea. looks like

only a day to install if that. so maybe on a rainy day!

My Bike is having the conversion done now. it will be done in

two weeks. *yippy*

Have you noticed the thread count on this! There are a bunch of us who seem to think the same thing...great machine, but it would be nice to have a little more input from the engine. I hope that if/when there ever it a 3rd gen, they put some gauges on it!