IGNORED

Who makes the best quality slip-ons?

I have the KROMEWERKS no problem with fitment or rust, lots of compliments on the sound.

The guy I bought mine from and who I normally recommend sold his business, but the new owner said he would try and carry them if he can.

If you are interested, go to www.SOTMC.com and email DR Xtreme about the pipes, tell him I sent you, and let see what he can do.

Good luck

• 3 weeks later...

Installed the Khrome Werks on the old man's RSTD this morning.

No complaints at, quality and fit were as good as expected, like the style of the pipes, and the install went smooth.

Oh yea, and they sound really good too. Reminds me of a 60's V8 Camaro, in a good way, it almost sounds too healthy to be a motorcycle.

A pair of Harley Slip (Electic Glide or Utlra Classic Stocks that someone has pulled off) ons - have had them for 4 years - not a blemish and on a V4, they sound wicked.

You can get these dirt cheap on Ebay - I got mine brand new (guy pulled them off before he got the bike) for $1.50

Stu

• 2 months later...
DOHCGT,

Save the old pipes. You may not like the noise on long hauls. If you do a lot of long distance touring and want to change them back temporoarily, it's nice to have the option.

Wife and I have had them on the 08 for 25000 and about 20000 on the 05, to California and back 2 up, She loves the sound of the pipes. So far no issues with the "Noise"

Some people love it....others just can't take it for long distances. I used to run the Khromewerks on mine but they really bothered Eileen and I on the long trips. It was especially bad when you got in the canyons and those pipes were reverberating off the canyon walls. WOW. I finally went back to stock about 3 years ago. I sometimes miss the Khromewerks when I'm just running around locally but sure don't miss them on the long hauls.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest wrench

Mine had just had a set of Bub's sleepers put on it when I bought it in April '06, (2400mi's). Rode it to the Smokies in May '06 and the chrome started blistering on the tips before I got back home! Bub's replaced the tips under warranty and assured me that the tips were now polished billet and not plated. I put them on and in less than 2500 miles they were doing the same thing. The blistering started in the Bub stamping and progressed until there wasn't more than a couple square inches of plating left on each tip. I contacted them again and was informed that they would be warranted ONLY ONCE, and that I would have to purchase a new set if I wanted them replaced. I've been rubbing them out as best I can because I wasn't sure which way I wanted to go with mufflers, but it looks like I'm going to do the H-D switch too. I love the sound of the Bub's, especially with no packing in them now, but mine wound up looking like crap. If I were going the new route I'd probably put on the Baron's Nasty Boys. Stratcat has them on his and they look and sound great. Sorry, didn't mean to climb up on that 'ol soapbox,,,,,,

Guest wrench

Man, I wish I could make Vogel this year, I'd sure like to put some faces with the names. I've got a committment that weekend, and I've got a trip to Maggie Valley planned for Labor Day weekend for the Volusia Owners League rally. But, If anybody is passing thru Elizabethtown Ky. on their way to, or back from Vogel let me know. There's several good places to eat around the I-65 exit 94 area, would make a good M&E. BTW, I picked up a couple sets of Ultra take-offs in Louisville yesterday so I can get my muffler project started.

I have the BUBS. Really like them. Not very loud but seem good quality.

My Bubs end caps flaked off, looked like horse pucky. The co. when contacted said "oh Well"

So I never miss an oppurtunity to advise against Bubs.:thumbdown:

• 1 month later...

I've only seen one set of Bub's that the tips looked good and that may have been because they were at a distance. I have Bub's on my Road Star and they are just as everyone else describes; half the chrome is flaked off.

All the Bub's sound so good if they could just get a good supplier for the end caps.