IGNORED

Pretty amazing

Guest BluesLover

Guest seuadr
wonder how many parts he had to buy along the way, or gallons of oil he used.:stirthepot:

must be the same frame, i can't imagine its the same motor :rasberry:

Guest BluesLover
must be the same frame, i can't imagine its the same motor :rasberry:
Maybe the only original items left are the frame and the speedo??? Can't even begin to imagine what criteria they would use to define it as "the original bike".

Cheers,

How many Re-Builds, how many Trannies ??

Now, to put this is perspective, I did read about a fellow ( about 10 years ago ) who had an old 50's or early 60's BMW, Boxer Twin. ( bought New )

As I recall I think it was a 650CC engine.

The story went that the bike had 3 Million miles on it, when he finally

hung it up ( do to his age )

Top end, valve job every 50K

Bottom end overhaul for each 1 million.

And 2 Tranny Overhauls for the total 3 Million.

And, a one new set of carbs somewhere along the line.

Its pretty cool no matter what kind of bike its on, I wonder how many accidents he was involved in? How many blown tires etc. his safety record would be interesting. Looks like he does some serious riding 11 1k rides in a row. Craig

I am kind of curious what year it was. I rode to Duluth MN last summer with a friend who was riding a 2001 Electra Glide with 130000 miles on it. My Venture had about 63000 miles and I was worried about him having problems. Turned out I sprung a leak in my radiator and he never had a problem. He just won a local contest for riding the most miles through the winter months. He did over 5000 miles and he lives 2 miles down a gravel road. He said the only bad part was he tended to leave his mid 70s Harley home because he wanted to rack up the miles on the one that was registered.

Not really related, but it reminded me of when my dad pulled the tranny out of his old Kenworth when it had a million miles on it. He drove all his life and shifted so smoothly you'd think it was an automatic. Anyway, when the pulled the top cover off the transmission it looked like a brand new one other than the teeth were a little shiny on the gears.

I guess it all depends on how you drive...