IGNORED

I'm Electrically Retarded!

skydoc_17

I stand before you today, a broken man.:crying: I removed the trim, headlight lens, windshield, dash cover, Removed the CMS, soldered it, put it all back together and that pesky headlight STILL doesn't work. I will say that Icons and information on the CMS work now that never worked before. But NO HEADLIGHT!

I am now officially asking any Electrical Guru if they would be willing to take a shot at this problem. I am willing to travel and I hope there is someone close enough that I can make the ride one way in 24 hours. If I thought GEORGE S would adopt me, I would be headed to his house as we speak. I am laid off right now and have some time so I would like to get this fixed. I might add that I do have some wiring issues and this could be the problem but as I stated in the Tag Line I am "Electrically Retarded" and need some help.

Anybody Want Some Company?:confused24:

Earl

First question: Did the headlight fuse blow ??

2nd question: Is the bulb burned out ??

3rd question: Is both low and high beam out ??

4th question: Did you remove the Plug from the Reserve Lighting Unit,

----- when you had the Instrument panel removed ?????

-----IF so, did you reconnect it ??

((((( Did you put the Plug back onto the Headlight Bulb ???? ))))

5th question: did you remove any other plugs behind the headlight?? if so did you

double check to see if you reconnected all of them ????

Especially, the cable comeing From the Right handle bar, it goes to a 6 wire Pull apart plug. Power for the Headlight goes thru that plug on " R/Y Red yellow " and

" L/B Blue/Black " wires. If not reconnected, NO Headlights.

If you find none of the Above, then Pull out the Plugs FROM, the Instrument Panel, and then check to see if the lights work.

Also, to help, see Block diagram page 7-35, service manual lighting system.

Also, Power for Headlights, goes thru the Start Switch Second set of contacts. Maby that switch is not makeing contact. See pge 7-35, Start Switch.

Do you know where the " Reserve Lighting Unit " is located ?????

Thank You George for answering my post.

I read thru the list you gave me. It seems that while removing the dash I pulled the connector to the handlebar apart. I cleaned it and reconnected it and the light is working now. :sign woo hoo:

Thank You Very Much For Taking The Time To Help Me!

Does this mean the Adoption is off? :crackup::crackup::crackup:

A Greatful Earl

I read thru the list you gave me. It seems that while removing the dash I pulled the connector to the handlebar apart. I cleaned it and reconnected it and the light is working now. :sign woo hoo:

A Greatful Earl

Adoption ???

Go buy yourself a Busa, don't try to appoint yourself as Heir !!! :rotf::rotf::rotf:

I glad you found the Culprit. Come on over here Earl, i'll teach you some Electric on Bikes and whatnot else.

I might add that I do have some wiring issues and this could be the problem but as I stated in the Tag Line I am "Electrically Retarded" and need some help.

Anybody Want Some Company?:confused24:

Earl

I think the politically correct term for this is " electrically challenged". I think they are doing away with the word retarded.

RandyA

I think the politically correct term for this is " electrically challenged". I think they are doing away with the word retarded.

RandyA

So does that mean the ignition timing on my bike is now "Forward rotationally challenged"?

Come on over here Earl, i'll teach you some Electric on Bikes and whatnot else.

That may violate his 24 hr ride time!!

I do like the "forward rotationally challenged" moniker, tho! Sounds like me when I'm talking to non-technical people just to throw them off further!

Dan

A Greatful Earl

GeorgeS is the man, I already tried the adoption thing. Just be thankful he's on our side.