IGNORED

cooled gear

pegscraper

Summer is coming fast. Pretty soon it will be hot and we'll need something to cool us down while riding. Check out this cooling shirt. This thing looks great. Then next winter, maybe the lines could even be plugged into a coolant line on the bike and you'd be toasty warm. Seems like someone on this board came up with this idea a couple years ago. I can't remember who though. (No, it wasn't me.)

Went to the web page and looked at the pictures..Looks like the guy is on

life support!LOL

Last summer Peggy and I were riding home from Andersonville, in south Ga.

It was hot. :scorched:We had stopped for at a traffic light, where this little old man was washing his car. We asked him to soak us down, after a couple of seconds he said okay!

He soaked us down good, and all the people around us must have thought that this old man was out of his mind.. Anyway the light changed and we rode off at about 15 degrees

cooler. that lasted for about 20 miles then we started to warm up again..

Maybe that cooled gear is a good idea!!??:think:

It looks like it's worth checking into. I know the neckwraps you put in the freezer help for a while. Down here in Arkansas, when it gets really hot on a ride, we just look for a center pivot irrigation system that over sprays onto the highway. A slow detour through that COLD well water will keep you cool for several miles.

I think I remember someone putting out a helmet with A/C in it. Had a goofy little fan that ran a thermo-coupler. The top of the head is wear you loose most of your body heat. Stands to reason that it might be the place to keep things cool too. I can see getting real uncomfortable when it's hot and humid, but out here in the west it's mostly hot and dry and when you're moving it's not all that bad...just drink lots of water. I think I'd rather see all that plumbing running through the seat... :)

Thanks for the info...Shari's been looking into getting something like that...The heat is really hard on her with the MS...Having the trailer now will free up the saddlebags so it would be easy to carry the bag.....Of course,I hope she remembers to disconnect it before she gets off the bike.Could cause a little whiplash.:buttkick: :D

This seems similar to what the Nascar guys are using....

I can see me now...

after getting all hooked up and ready to go for a ride, I turn on the switch and hear the water start flowing, next thing you know, I'm peeling everything back off to go pee.....:think:

Like Sling said: Looks like the guy is on life support!.....But it does look like it would keep you cool

Wow looks like $450 for the first set up (short sleeve shirt, hoses and cooler)

and than $140 for the second short sleeve shirt. $190 for a long sleeve.

For that much I can do like I do now. Gallon baggie with T shirt and filled with

water and a gallon of water in the saddle bag. Stop about every hour swap out shirts

add water to bag and keep riding. With my mesh jacket it feels like sitting in front

of an AC.

I have a vest that you place in water and let it soak for a few minutes then take it out and let the excess drip off. Put it on then put a mesh jacket on over the vest, it will keep you cool for 3 or 4 hours.

We don't have the vests, but do have neck/head wraps and wrist bands made like this. AMAZING how they cool you down. And they don't cost all that much either. I wouldn't have believed they would last as long as they do, but seeing is believing. And with these, when you stop for gas just soak them again and you're good to go!

Joe

I bought these a couple of years ago and can tell you they make a big difference in hot weather:

http://tinyurl.com/cooling-vest

http://tinyurl.com/cooling-beanie

I carry a super-large zip-lock bag with me so that when I stop I can throw some water and ice in the bag with the vest and the beanie, let it sit a few minutes, and then ride comfortably down the road.

These are also significantly less expensive than any I've found sold through MC outlets!

TERRY