IGNORED

sore back?

waterbug

I have a 08 rsv and I dont know if its the vibrations or what but if I ride for more than a hour my lower to mid back gets sore, I have the utopia back rest and thats great but I can feel the vibrations.Dont know if changing tires would help or not?? anyone else have this and if so what do you do? thanks

When I first got my 07 I started getting pains in my shoulder blades, not teh same as your lower back, but the addition of 1.5" risers changed my posture just enough to get rid of the pain. That was 28,000 miles ago and no issues.

It could be your riding posture, the vibrations in the RSV should not be so severe as to cause back pain.

carbs have been synced and it runs like a champ, the vibrations could be the tires or ? I can grab the crash bar on the rear while riding and it vibrates alot. Just thought I would see who else was having this and what they were doing.

Take your saddlebags off, and remove, locktite and re-install all the bolts in the saddlebag, trunk and rear fender framework. Some may already have fallen out. Remove seat and check the bolt under the seat that holds the fender to the frame. Mine had backed out allowing the fender to shake and the bolt head was hitting the bottom of the seat. Put locktite on the grab handle bolts while the seats are off. Locktite not needed on the seat bolts.

While you are at it, remove the allen head bolt holding your shifter on and locktite it also. Those are also common to vibrate out over time. Fill the groove on the shifter shaft with grease while you have the bolt out.

It really is not a big job. Bought my 04 with 14,000 miles on it. One grab bar missing one of the bolts, the other bar wiggled up and down. You could lift up and down the trunk about 1/2". The big bolt loose under the seat was letting the fender vibrate.

The shifter fell off at about 18,000 miles. Riderduke showed me that one of the trim bolts on the side cover under the front seat is only for decoration and works on the shifter. That bolt is still there.

the only noticeable vibration you should get is maybe a little if you lug the overdrive too low a speed. the OD is only good above about 65.

I was going threw J&P cataloge lastnight and see they have back support devises that you can get does anyone here have them or know if they work or not?? they look like they might help but dont want to spent 75 bucks for something that doesnt work. Thanks everyone

I used the blue. All the bolts I mentioned screw into metal. These are the one in the sabblebags and trunk FRAMES, not the ones holding the bags themselves on. The rubber washers under the bag screws keeps them from vibrating out.

I was going threw J&P cataloge lastnight and see they have back support devises that you can get does anyone here have them or know if they work or not?? they look like they might help but dont want to spent 75 bucks for something that doesnt work. Thanks everyone

Kevin, I don't understand what you are asking here. You already have a back rest. What are you looking for with the J&P Catalog?

Did the shop figure out your vibration problem?

Kevin, I don't understand what you are asking here. You already have a back rest. What are you looking for with the J&P Catalog?

Did the shop figure out your vibration problem?

I think he may be talking about the back support belts that wrap around your mid section. A.K.A...kidney belts.:confused24:

its something like a kidney belt but it can be as small as that to one the size that goes all the way up your back. I have a friend that has some kind of back support that he uses that takes some of the wieght off of you back bones and distributes it out more but I havent been able to get ahold of him. Just trying to figure out how to stop the aches.