IGNORED

Relief from loud pipes

I recently bought a 06 RSV that the previous owner had installed a set of Python slip ons. They sound great but too loud for my taste, any ideas what I might could install that would be close to the sound of the original pipes? Thanks in advance and by the way,I am new to the site and really enjoy reading everyone posts.

I put the Harley Road Kings on my RSTD in place of the stock. Really nice sound. Good rumble at idle, not to loud when you cruise, but makes a little noise if you 'Hit it'. If you do a search for 'road king' and 'harley mufflers' you will see a lot of threads about them. Very popular mod.

When I bought my 06 RSV it came with BUB slip ons which I felt was to loud for me. I ended up buying a set of used RSTD slip ons from ebay for around $80. THey are a little different than stock Venture exhausts (slash tips) but are quiet enough to hear the radio now. I have a photo of them in the gallery area. I like the look and the noise level.

:080402gudl_prv:

Guest Saddletramp

I put a set of RSTD pipes on mine mainly for the tips. Love the look of them. Before putting them on I poked a hole in the baffle wall approx. 5/8", nice low tone but not the noise of the aftermarket pipes.

I have the Road King mufflers Nice rumble not obnoxious sounding at all. But you will need a adaptor & a set of clamps, I think someone here makes the adaptor's and sells them to members.

Not meaning to take any business away from the person who's making those adapters coz I'm sure they are of much higher quality but, I made my own out of 1/8" x 2" flat aluminum. Wasn't all that difficult to do and I'm sure other's have done the same. Not 100% sure that the aluminum will hold up over time tho... probably better if they're made out of steel.

I have a set of stocks in my garage as well. Free to good home. In Mid Missouri.

Now that is a great deal :thumbsup:.

I am going to hang on to my stock mufflers. On a long trip, I am sure that my ears will thank me and I will still be able to enjoy the tunes much better.

Guest Saddletramp

Unfortunately more and more pressure is being put on law makers to crack down on abusively loud exhaust, whether it is a motorcycle or passenger vehicle or semi. At the Americade this last year road blocks were erected and bikes were pulled in. If you had anything other than a factory exhaust the level of noise was determined on scene by the law officer and it was his call as to whether or not it was excessive. Tickets were issued but I am not certain as to whether or not a decimeter was utilized. Now there are those of you who will say that is discrimination pulling only bikes in but it is no more wrong than pulling semi's aside for safety checks. The fact of the matter is that our loud pipes, and I have been as guilty of it as others, have endangered our rights by infringing on others who don't want to hear the blat of an engine that is being reved excessively or otherwise. We can be our own worst enemies.:detective:

• 3 weeks later...