IGNORED

Arm rest parts search

Ok. I have had a set of these since I bought the bike a couple of years ago. The PO's son had them in a box of extra stuff and said his dad had had them on the bike but he had taken them off years ago. They are in nice shape but for the life of me I could not see any possible way that they would bolt on to the bike. So they stayed in the box. My daughter has asked me several times to put them on for her.

Now I ran across an eBay auction that had a set just like mine, except they had a whole different bracket assembly below the pivot. I hoped they would go cheap so I could part them out for what I needed but you know how that goes. Yeah right.

These are pics from the arm rests from the auction. I'm going to ask if ANYBODY has a set of old brackets something like these laying around, gathering dust and just generally in the way that they would like to make a deal on.

Just checking. Nosing around. I know some of you guys are still suffering from PMS and dieing for something to do........like dig in your old parts stash. I just need the brackets below the pivot.

Let me know.

Mike

I think....remember...just think that those are from the 1200 goldwing but they can be worked on the venture.

Try lifting you seat and see if there are any bolts that can come off and then be inserted into the rests.

And the bolt that mounts the hand rest along the side.

Thanks for the thought on that Sarge. I'll take another look at that. I'll post a pic of the brackets on mine when I can. Right now they are boxed up in the garage and that means I'd have to shovel my way out and dig to the garage door again. Maybe when it quits snowing, or if. God I love the Midwest! :snow2:

Ok. I have had a set of these since I bought the bike a couple of years ago. The PO's son had them in a box of extra stuff and said his dad had had them on the bike but he had taken them off years ago. They are in nice shape but for the life of me I could not see any possible way that they would bolt on to the bike. So they stayed in the box. My daughter has asked me several times to put them on for her.

Now I ran across an eBay auction that had a set just like mine, except they had a whole different bracket assembly below the pivot. I hoped they would go cheap so I could part them out for what I needed but you know how that goes. Yeah right.

These are pics from the arm rests from the auction. I'm going to ask if ANYBODY has a set of old brackets something like these laying around, gathering dust and just generally in the way that they would like to make a deal on.

Just checking. Nosing around. I know some of you guys are still suffering from PMS and dieing for something to do........like dig in your old parts stash. I just need the brackets below the pivot.

Let me know.

Mike

Do you have a markland rider backrest on your bike. I have one on my 86 and if I remember right ( getting old you know) you replaced the passenger hand rails with ones from markland for the backrest. In which case you might not have a place to mount them anymore. The original passenger handrails kind of bolted together if I remember right. Would have to out to the barn and look at the bike for sure, and see if I can find my original handrails. Gil

Well, I finally got to the box they were stored in. This is what my brackets look like. Are these like the GW ones?

I've taken the seat off and can see no way these would mount under there. I see most mount on the rear crash bars but there would have to be more parts to the brackets for that to work.

Any more suggestions?

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Jim.

Good luck with the install. There was another set the other day on a Buy It Now for $150.00. Went out and looked at my bike and went back in to buy them and they were gone already. Geesh! And now a guy in Ohio has a set for $150.00 but refuses to ship them. Pick up only. On eBay! LOL!

If ya get a chance post up a couple of close up pics on the mount pivots.

Mike

Thanks for the offer Don. I'll keep that in mind. The backrest and arm rest projects have been on the back burner for a while and my daughter is bugging me about it for this summer.

Stator upgrade and valve cover gaskets under the knife as we speak. Run first......comfort later.

Installed them this afternoon. Took about 15 min after taking off the seat. Bolts onto back of passenger grab bar. Mine was missing whatever piece thay keeps them from flopping too far out or in. Small L bracket on each side is temporary fix. Will get bike out of garage tomorrow and see about taking a few pics.:mo money:

• 1 month later...