IGNORED

LED Brake Light and LED turn signals

I am looking at getting this tail light Item: GEN32-1157

http://www.customdynamics.com/Images/vstar_genesis_small.jpgfrom h

ttp://[url="http://www.customdynamics.com/Yamaha_tail_retro.htm"]www.customdynamics.com/Yamaha_tail_retro.htm[/url]

and these turn signal http://www.customdynamics.com/Images/genesis_flat.jpg

And these for running lights

http://www.customdynamics.com/Images/3FunctionSmFINAL.gif

Is anyone using those and do I need a load equalizer to run all that gear?

Thanks in advance

YES on the turn signals. The turn signals will blink really fast and I am not sure if they will cancel with out the load

Brake light NO load required.

You will really like that brake light. Exactly the brake like I got from the same place. I am in the process of upgrading all lights except headlights to LED. I am even converting the reflectors on the front and next to the bags to LED.

I used the top turn signals front and back...they are plug and play then splice in to the wiring to add the load. Look great. I am still working on the bike...had to go back to work for a week...finish up next week. I will post photos when I finish

I elected not to use those dual turn signals. I helped a friend of mine upgrade his Harley to a Pancea kit with turn signals like that...It looks great but my thoughts were that the turn signals were not as bright since it had both red and yellow on the same card. I did read somewhere how hard they were to get the extra wiring through the tube to the turn signals on the back of the Venture. That harley was mostly plug and play.

Let us know how it goes...I don't think the duals could be that hard to install.

Oh one thing...you may want to know...I had to file down the outside of the boards the LEDs are mounted on to get them to drop down inside the lenses correctly. I took a file and put it in a vise and just rubbed the light module sides on it, keeping it round till it fit perfectly. IT did not seem the lense covers fit right till it did this.

Edited by CMIKE
added some more

Thanks for the replies guys. I guess from reading this I will stick with the plug and play turn signal instead of the 3 in 1 signals.

Anything I should know about the load equalizer before I tackle this job? Location for it? Problems in connecting it?

Thanks again

I got the kit...both front and rear (amber or mixed) in a kit. (GEN200-Y-KIT) I added $10 for the 2 load equalizers and the GEN MDK.

Check your bulb bases...Mine uses BAZ-3 front and 7507 for the rear.

Don't sweat the load equalizers...they will send what you need. They got good tech support. I would just recommend soldering all your connections for the load equalizers. and follow instructions, which most of us rarely do...

I think I remember them saying...tyrap the load equalizers on the frame or somewhere to disipate heat.

The wiring diagram on the back few pages of the service manual is useful finding the wire colors.

http://labs.trunkful.com/LIT-11616-12-60.pdf

I also purchased the same kit and instead of load equalizers that needed soldering, I opted for the No Load Signal Stabilizer. Now I have all LEDS in the rear including the Wing on top of my Trunk and LED's on the front running/turn signals. You will definitely need some load equalizer or Signal Stabilizer even if you only install the front or just the rear.

It took me at least 1 hour to install and put everything back together...the brightness on the rear is amazing and the LED turn signals are just perfect. Wiring the Signal Stabilizer to the bike was a breeze...it came with POSI-POST screw type locks that made installation easier.

This will be a nice safety mod for your Venture.

I also purchased the same kit and instead of load equalizers that needed soldering, I opted for the No Load Signal Stabilizer. ...

Does the Venture's automated turn signal cancellation still work with the No Load Signal Stabilizer installed?

In addition to the GEN32-1157 for the tail light, I just ordered the LED for my "Harley" lights

I spoke to Todd @ Signal Dynamics and provided him with the "Harley" part # 68230-97B

As these will only be running & brake, no load signal stabilizer

I anticipate these to be much brighter

In addition to the GEN32-1157 for the tail light, I just ordered the LED for my "Harley" lights

I spoke to Todd @ Signal Dynamics and provided him with the "Harley" part # 68230-97B

As these will only be running & brake, no load signal stabilizer

I anticipate these to be much brighter

Very nice!

Guest ksiceman

Maritimer, I did the same setup with no load equalizers and I am pleased with the results. The flashers do go faster but it is not bad. I have the 48 led on the rear and I feel the amber is still visible especially using the clear lenses.

When I installed my LED clusters on the front (run & turn) and rear (turn), it really flashed quite fast than what I am used to. Good thing I ordered the Signal Stabilizer and my flashing rate is at a normal speed and with LED's they really look good. The Stabilizer is very easy to install - perhaps someday you might consider getting one.

Regards and ride safe.

When I installed my LED clusters on the front (run & turn) and rear (turn), it really flashed quite fast than what I am used to. Good thing I ordered the Signal Stabilizer and my flashing rate is at a normal speed and with LED's they really look good. The Stabilizer is very easy to install - perhaps someday you might consider getting one.

Regards and ride safe.

So the stabilizer can be installed after the fact? So if I opt to go as ksiceman's setup and I find it flashes too fast, I can still go back and install I would think...right?

I think I'll get the stabilizer though...sounds interesting.

Thanks for all the replies guys

I got in touch with their Tech Help about changing some components such as putting the running/brake/turn signal combo in the rear as part of that kit and adding the "no load stabilizer" as part of the kit. They said it is not a problem.

Great service from those guys.

Thanks for the reply on this stabilizer N3FOL and all others.

Guest ksiceman

N3fol, Is that stabilizer from Custom Dynamics? Does it affect the turn signal cancel? I wouldn't mind adding a stabilizer but didn't want to lose the signal cancel. I am also trying to keep battery drain minimized with the LEDs so if the stabilizer draws a lot of current, that would be a negative for me...

Mine does flash fast, but it is not so fast that it is ineffective. Almost catches your eye quicker since it is different.

Also, I have the LED taillight board from Custom Dynamics and I also purchased a taillight module. I have the dynamic 48 turn/tail set up so the taillight part pulses then stays on steady. Even with all that flashing going on, I can still see the amber turn signal flashes during the day. The taillight does not pulsate, only the dynamic clusters do. I should do a video when I get time, it 's the time part that I seem to have problems with here lately.

Todd is a great help at Custom Dynamics and at one point he said they were testing a new flasher that would handle the LED lights better and he hoped it would retain the signal cancel. I haven't checked back with him since prior to Thanksgiving so I don't know the results of their tests.

Hello ksiceman. My auto turn signal cancel is unaffected as well as my Hazard functionality is unaffected. From what I know about the unit that I installed, it is a 'No Load' , 'No Heat' unit. Order the 'Metric Signal Stabilizer' for your Venture. Great product!

FYI. My Venture is an '07.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Maritimer:

I have the same LED brake light panel and it is awesome. I also bought the clear lens for the brake light as well. I think it fits better with all the other clear lenses on the bikes. As for the turn signals, I just ordered a different set, which keep the original bulb for turn signals, but have a ring of LED's for running and brake. There was a video I posted of them a while back. I will have to try and find it again. 1 thing to be aware of, the brake light panel sits very close to the brake light lens, and there is not very much light seen from the side. Which is not a big deal to me, as most of the time you are indicating to those behind you. But just thought you should know.

And also, I am not sure where the place is that you are odering from is, but I got mine from BC, cheaper shipping no duty, and same price in CDN $$.

Sunman

Do have a web page for your BC Canada ordering point? I also need some of these lights and with the 20% exchange rate and shipping - the "other items" end up costing more that the product itself!

Appreciate the info if you have it.

BIRIN

Hi Maritimer:

I have the same LED brake light panel and it is awesome. I also bought the clear lens for the brake light as well. I think it fits better with all the other clear lenses on the bikes. As for the turn signals, I just ordered a different set, which keep the original bulb for turn signals, but have a ring of LED's for running and brake. There was a video I posted of them a while back. I will have to try and find it again. 1 thing to be aware of, the brake light panel sits very close to the brake light lens, and there is not very much light seen from the side. Which is not a big deal to me, as most of the time you are indicating to those behind you. But just thought you should know.

And also, I am not sure where the place is that you are odering from is, but I got mine from BC, cheaper shipping no duty, and same price in CDN $$.

• 2 weeks later...

I conneced to the wires under the seat...ran some extentions under the passenger seat and mounted the load equalizer under the trunk with tyraps close to the back seat. Some of the load equalizers get hot during extended use such as a parade or very long traffic lights and must be attached to the frame or something metal to help disapate the heat. The unit I used (ITEM#: Signal_Stabilizer from http://www.customdynamics.com/loadequalizer.htm) does not get hot and you can mount it any where you have room...but as you probably know...not much space around the battery if like me I added an aux fuse box in that area around the battery for my other accessories. But it will go next to the battery if you do not have anything else installed there. OneLoad equalizer works for both front and rear turn LED signals. 4 way flashers also work at the DOT required speed also with this equalizer.

To hook up the load equalizer...

You need DC positive(Orange to Blue running lights on the Venture) and DC negative black to black on the Venture) to power the load equalizer then Purple to the left turn signal wire Brown on the Venture. Brown wire to the right turn signal wire Dark Green on the Venture

Now some folks do not use load equalizers...the turn signals just blink real fast...some faster than others... Mine flashed at 145 flashes per minute. DOT says they must flash 60-120 flashes per minute.

Also turn signal cancel works just as it did before I installed all this.

Hope this helps.

Edited by CMIKE
Forgot something