IGNORED

2008 comes to an end

ronhenry4

As always we look back at the year that has passed and think to ourselves what if i would have done this diffrent???? what would it be like now?? to bad we cant change some of them.. i want to share one that im glad i made. Joining this club this is the first internet club that i have ever joined and stayed with i looked at face party once and myspace but im 41 not 21 and i have a passion for motorcycles (and food) so here is my story in 2005 i was deployed for the war on terrism when I came home after 16 months of.. well you can imagine. I had no wife no motorcycle (sold it before i left to leave her some extra money) and no real home to speak of so the soldier in me took over went through a diviorce and a very lonley christmas last year. this year the holidays will be diffrent though i have no one special to share them with i have made many new friends here and youwill have to believe me when i say it makes a HUGE diffrence. Im not asking for pity or sympathy i just wanted to say thank you to everyone and wish everyone a very merry and safe christmas. cant wait to ride :)

Ron

Well Ron let me be the first to say that here friends are special things . You will have all over the country and in Canada, Iceland Great Britian and France. ( So Far) They are follow veterans and some who have never seen war. We all have our own wounds. We too have suffered loss. We have also found new life and new love and many. many friends.

Glad to know that we can be there for you Happy Holidays. PB&J

Ron, I can't take any credit for it, but I'm glad this site has helped. I know almost all of us have sought fellowship, or laughter, or comfort on this site from time to time. As you've already figured out, getting involved online and even more so in the local meet and eats is a great way to unwind and enjoy the comraderie we all share. So Merry Christmas and a Happier New Year to you as well.

Well Ron, first let me Thank You for your service, I am glad you are here, and I hope you have a much better holiday this year, you should definetly get to maint day in spring you will quickly have a whole bunch of new friends. Take care, Craig

thank you all for the words of comfort and friendship it does mean alot to me and im sure i will slowley get to know alot more of you I feel like i already know some of you. I may even voulenteer to get some ink fot the ST. Jude fund raiser. 15 years of military service and not a drop of ink on me can you believe that. :)

thank you all for the words of comfort and friendship it does mean alot to me and im sure i will slowley get to know alot more of you I feel like i already know some of you. I may even voulenteer to get some ink fot the ST. Jude fund raiser. 15 years of military service and not a drop of ink on me can you believe that. :)

CINCY I can almost throw a rock that far!! Thank you for your service Ron and hope your Holidays are Great!!!

Ron,

Thank you for your service, welcome to the family and by all means have a very Merry Christmas and Blessed New Year. If you ever decide to come south for a taste of the north Georgia mountains give us a shout, I am sure we can rustle up some company and show you a few decent twisties to blow your mind.

Ron,

Thank you for your service, welcome to the family and by all means have a very Merry Christmas and Blessed New Year. If you ever decide to come south for a taste of the north Georgia mountains give us a shout, I am sure we can rustle up some company and show you a few decent twisties to blow your mind.

i am definatly coming south this spring or summer depends on my army schedule as to when but i will keep in touch with you. Ron

Ron,

I hope you have a very Merry Christmas however you celebrate. And, I hope that 2009 is better for all of us. I'm only about 75 miles south of you near Lexington so we'll need to get together and ride sometime. However, we might get our '07s confused.

Dennis

From one of the Canuck's, welcome to the site, if you have not already seen, you can get alot of good advice and tips and like Yammer Dan get into trouble with some of our female members...friendly banter...Hope you have a very Merry Christmas and the New Year brings everything you hope for.

It would be good if you could make Don's MD, It'll be my first also, hope to see you there.

Ian

Ron, thank you so much for your heartfelt comments and you are right on. You will find that there really are some great people here and I along with many others are really glad you are here and that you posted. As has already been said, thank you for the service to your country and to all of us. Many of us have "been there, done that", maybe just a different war.

As we get back into the riding season, we do hope you will have the opportunity to get together with some of the members at rallies and meet & eats. It really is a lot of fun. Also, do not hesitate to chime in on any of the posts here.

RandyA

Edited by Venturous Randy

Hey Ron, I leave from SE Indy and go across 36 up through Marysville, to Oberlin if you want to hook up. I leave on Friday before noon, takes about 6 hours with some nice riding and scenery.

Dan

sounds great dan i will catch you someplace between here and there riding is great but its always better with friends

From one of the Canuck's, welcome to the site, if you have not already seen, you can get alot of good advice and tips and like Yammer Dan get into trouble with some of our female members...friendly banter...Hope you have a very Merry Christmas and the New Year brings everything you hope for.

It would be good if you could make Don's MD, It'll be my first also, hope to see you there.

Ian

Ian

i have already started picking the brain of most of you guys and gals here im going to make the M.D. so we will meet soon. question do i need a passportto ride into canada?

Ron

Ian

i have already started picking the brain of most of you guys and gals here im going to make the M.D. so we will meet soon. question do i need a passportto ride into canada?

Ron

Ron, I don't believe you need a passport to come over here, but I think it is needed to get back to the states. I guess it's always handy to have one anyway.

Looking forward to meeting you and putting face's to the many handles on here.

Ian

Ron,

Thank you for taking the time and letting us "Know you" a little bit. Many vets here and a few of us that played in the sandbox or off that coast as well. I'm glad that you came back and appreciate all that we have here in this country. There are many good folks here, I have dear friendships at this place that distance doesn't take away from.

I'll speak personally and say thank you for all your service, and for being an intergral part of this site. Your postings help bring you in further and once you make a M&E or a rally....you will be addicted!

I know it's a haul, but I am hosting our annual yearend M&E up here in Michigan on January 10th

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=30266

It would be great if you could make it up here as you will meet many of the "nuts" that comprise this place. As always if you have questions of problems we are here, thank you for your input on our site and I look forward to meeting you :thumbsup2:

hi ron

my 13 yo daughter was looking forward to having her passport stamped at the border. but they told us we didn't need it this year. now you may not need it to go across the border but most likey will need it to come back to the U.S.A.

just my :2cents:

don c.

Ron,

Thank you for taking the time and letting us "Know you" a little bit. Many vets here and a few of us that played in the sandbox or off that coast as well. I'm glad that you came back and appreciate all that we have here in this country. There are many good folks here, I have dear friendships at this place that distance doesn't take away from.

I'll speak personally and say thank you for all your service, and for being an intergral part of this site. Your postings help bring you in further and once you make a M&E or a rally....you will be addicted!

I know it's a haul, but I am hosting our annual yearend M&E up here in Michigan on January 10th

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=30266

It would be great if you could make it up here as you will meet many of the "nuts" that comprise this place. As always if you have questions of problems we are here, thank you for your input on our site and I look forward to meeting you :thumbsup2:

Thanks for the invite but im going to be in florida from the 9th to the 13th christmas with mom and dad but im sure we will meet sometime this up coming year. Ron

ron, glad you are here! sometimes in our lives we get a time to sit back and review our lives and get a new start. i was at a time once, and got back into biking more as my life had been hecketic raising 2 kids alone and working to support them. i meet my wife thru biking and she loves to ride her own bike. we have been to several meet and eats and rallies. have made many new friends and family along the way. there will be a huge rally in AR this year, look under international rally section, there's a lot of great riding in the area too!! hope to meet you on the road soon, don.

ron, glad you are here! sometimes in our lives we get a time to sit back and review our lives and get a new start. i was at a time once, and got back into biking more as my life had been hecketic raising 2 kids alone and working to support them. i meet my wife thru biking and she loves to ride her own bike. we have been to several meet and eats and rallies. have made many new friends and family along the way. there will be a huge rally in AR this year, look under international rally section, there's a lot of great riding in the area too!! hope to meet you on the road soon, don.

Don thanks for the great words of encouragement. I have found in the short time i have belonged to this community that some of the nicest people are here i have started making new friends and the comroderie here is second to none. I plan on making as many meets and rallys as possible i hope i can get out your way this up coming year. thanks again. untill we meet on the road. Ron

Hope you can make it to Vogel IV, in August, thats when my part of the the fundraising starts for St. Jude, then we ride to Memphis in Sept. of 2009 to deliver the funds, along with the funds raised at other VR events like the IR and Squidleys effort, ought to be a good year for the kids at St. Jude.