IGNORED

Texas Stampede 2009

lonestarmedic

Morning everyone! We just got back from a tour of the Fredricksburg area in the heart of hill country. How would everyone feel about having the Stampede there next fall? There are a couple great places to stay that offer RV, tent, and rooms in the same place. So far, the bookings are pretty open for the weekend of October 9-11. Earlier and we hit Octoberfest. Later we start running into the Luckenbach fall festival. Right now I can find rooms in the $50-$70 range and tent spots in the $10.00 area. I can guarantee great riding and food. Also a bunch of places to shop if one was so inclined. Maggie volunteered to bring the Expedition up for use as a shuttle bus if we pick here. It is about 2 hours from San Antonio by major road and about 3 or so by back roads. About 45min to an hour from the famed Three Sisters farm roads.

JB

Of course you like it!!! Out the drive and right or left you have it made. I think between all of us around we could set up a weeks worth of rides and hardly repeat a road. Maggie and I started out on Blanco in San Antonio and spent all day running back roads. Including a bunch just to get to your place:stickpoke:

Heck, just let folks run route 16 from S.A. into Fredricksburg for some fun.

BBQ would be fun. I spotted 2 places with pavilions and big fire pits. Maggie wants to head up the BBQ crew. Says just make sure she has some of that PeacePipe Pale Ale from the brewery!! (Wonder how a brisket would be soaked in that stuff?)

JB

Of course you like it!!! Out the drive and right or left you have it made. I think between all of us around we could set up a weeks worth of rides and hardly repeat a road. Maggie and I started out on Blanco in San Antonio and spent all day running back roads. Including a bunch just to get to your place:stickpoke:

Heck, just let folks run route 16 from S.A. into Fredricksburg for some fun.

BBQ would be fun. I spotted 2 places with pavilions and big fire pits. Maggie wants to head up the BBQ crew. Says just make sure she has some of that PeacePipe Pale Ale from the brewery!! (Wonder how a brisket would be soaked in that stuff?)

JB

Yes JB,Right or Left out the drive and BIG SMILES Immediately! Yea you may have to set up at least 3 FULL days for this one..Lets keep it alive and make it a huge get together..I will help Maggie on the BBQ and Can get some great rides mapped out for everybody. There also is a Nice campsite 1 mile south of Luchenbach that I bet we could reserve and just North of Luchenbach (4 Miles) is a VERY nice KOA with cabins and RV spaces. As you mentioned from that area is Fredericksburg,Tx. another 6 miles to the west,Kerrville 20 miles south,3 sisters about 1 hour away..The start that is. This is going to be a good one if all agree this is where it will be held. Tom

For those out of state and do not know of the 3 sisters here is some write ups on it..SOMETIMES they have a section with road construction but its not that bad...Here is a link to read about them http://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/new_york_city/entry/three_sisters_or_twisted_sisters_or_100_mile_loop_rr335_rr336_rr337/

Well perhaps we shoud consider Kerrville, Bandera or Medina since they all have ample compgounds, rooms and are considerable closer to the three Sisters. Lots of motorcycle rallies start in Medina and Bandera. Camping, cabins pavillions the rivers, hills and lots of twisties to enjoy. If we set up trip early enough we can possilbly get one site that we can all stay at together. Fredicksburg is a trip away from most all these. Personally I believe Medina would be best. Lots of MC rallies out there that time of year. I'm there wherever its held. Just my 2c worth.

TENTATIVE Yes, from the "three brothers!"

lol

me and bisquit and snake, that is.

I am going to try to make it to this one, one way or another, regardless of WHERE it is held!

(i haven't got to meet MISS MAGGIE, yet!) it would also be nice to meet some of you old "hairy legged " guys , too!

the hipshot said that!

Thanks Tom and JBurrell,

I am open to a lot of options. This post is simply to trigger the thoughts towards a destination area. I picked Fredricksburg because of the large amount of places to eat and shop. Also, if we happen to fill up a motel/campground there are a multitude of alternatives. I am also trying to keep an open mind as to the various rides. Three Sisters are an agressive 100 mile ride. We should have alternatives for other who might want gentler curves. For instance, 16 has a bunch of curves about as steep as the sisters. Then it levels out and other roads connect. I think we can accomodate most everyone from most any area.

JB

hi jb

sounds good to me, count me in. i've stayed at the koa tom's talking about, off & on over the last 8 years or so. real nice couple that own it. thay also have tent camping area at the back of the property. i have stayed in the cabins and tent camped there. marking my calender for those dates.

best reguards

don c. :thumbsup: