IGNORED

Well, it's official

Black Owl

Just received my copy of the Travelers' maps of National Scenic Byways abd All American roads.

Guess what folks. Ain't none listed for Nebraska, Texas, Michigan, Pennsylvania or New Jersey....

Hell, I didn't need an official government pamphlet to tell me that.... :stirthepot: :duck:

:15_8_211[1]:

That's strange. While there may not be an "Official" scenic byway, I've driven/ridden many scenic roads in Michigan and Texas. I believe that there is nothing scenic in Nebraska. But nothing in Pennsylvania? I find that hard to believe.

Now that's an insult! We have corn, cows, corn, more corn, some more cows, lots more corn and different colored cows. We have hills with trees, hills with sand, and hills of dirt. We have rivers and rivers with bridges over them. And some rivers have sandbars in them!

What do these people want anyway?

Nebraska, The Good Life.

Boring.......But Good.

That's why I ride In IOWA! They have scenic byways!

Given the omissions of great rides that aren't included in the official publication by the Department of Transportation. I think it would be a good idea if the VentureRiders put out our own diffinative tour guide of all of the great rides all over the country. We have enough members to cover a good part of the world.

Each of us could submit write ups of our own favorite rides in our home states, provinces and countries. they could then be compiled into a publication that could be sold through the internet and the proceeds could be used to support the Venturerider.org forum.

What do yall think?

Edited by Dragonslayer
typos

Now that's an insult! We have corn, cows, corn, more corn, some more cows, lots more corn and different colored cows. We have hills with trees, hills with sand, and hills of dirt. We have rivers and rivers with bridges over them. And some rivers have sandbars in them!

What do these people want anyway?

Nebraska, The Good Life.

Boring.......But Good.

That's why I ride In IOWA! They have scenic byways!

Nebraska also has two pound grasshoppers that leave five inch splats on the windsheild.

I know Nebraska has one scenic route; the sand hills (back door to the Black Hills that I rode in August.) I drove the Big Bend route a long time ago; don't remember it much.

Lots of good routes everywhere, just need to get off the highway to find them. I ride severa each day.

Given the omissionns of great rides that aren't included in the official publication by the Department of Transportation. I think it would be a good idea if the VentureRiders put our own diffinative tour guide of all of the great rides all over the country. We have enough members to cover a good part of the world.

Each of us could submit write ups of our own favorite rides in our home states, provinces and countries. they could then be combiled into a publication that could be sold through the internet and the proceeds could be used to support the Venturerider.org forum.

What do yall think?

That's a great idea!!

Everyone of us has strong opinions of our favourite rides.

Tom

when i was younger i spent my honneymoon in PA and it was verry scenic

Was there lots and lots to see? Sorry, couldn't help it.

As far as Texas, there may not be many good riding roads, but I guess you could ride them most all year anyway.

We are blessed here in East Tennessee. Our ride of about 150 miles yesterday that did not even get into the mountains, but thru rolling hills farmland with mountains in the back ground, was like riding thru a moving post card. And we still have a LOT of color here.

RandyA

Given the omissionns of great rides that aren't included in the official publication by the Department of Transportation. I think it would be a good idea if the VentureRiders put our own diffinative tour guide of all of the great rides all over the country. We have enough members to cover a good part of the world.

Each of us could submit write ups of our own favorite rides in our home states, provinces and countries. they could then be combiled into a publication that could be sold through the internet and the proceeds could be used to support the Venturerider.org forum.

What do yall think?

Since I was kinda thinking the same thing and I am sure others have as well I would say that is a great Idea.:thumbsup: Might I also suggest that it include interesting short jaunts as well as long trips. Assuming of course if this idea got of the ground

Since I was kinda thinking the same thing and I am sure others have as well I would say that is a great Idea.:thumbsup: Might I also suggest that it include interesting short jaunts as well as long trips. Assuming of course if this idea got of the ground
I think I'll ask Freebird a few questions on the request for features forum to see how best get this idea off the ground and rolling.