IGNORED

So I was wondering....

Aimhigh

Has anyone ever developed a trip where you could hit every of the 48 states? I think it would be a neat exercise. I've been working on one, but if someone has already come up with a route...well, let me just say that I don't want to reinvent the wheel.

I was trying to get someone to do the four corners with me next year. Bangor, Miami, San Diego and Seattle. Couldn't find any takers:crying:. Oh well, maybe some other year:scratchchin:

If I only had the time, I would be there. I can't take off for a whole week though so i guess I'll have to pass

This one looks like it would work? 7500 miles to take in the lower 48! :900[1]:

But what's the most ground you've covered -- five states? Ten? And how quickly have you covered it? Ever managed an 800 mile day, or 1000? How about doing approximately 1500 miles a day for five days straight, around the clock with stops only made for gas? It may sound impossible, but that's exactly what Josh Keeler, Adam Gatherum, and Joey Stocking are doing in an attempt to pass through all 48 states of the continental U.S. in under just 120 hours.

Following a route originally planned 15 years ago by Keeler's father and a friend, the trio started out in Vermont, zigzagged down the east cost to Florida, over to Louisiana and Texas before winding back up through the Midwest, and are now heading across Montana to the Pacific Northwest before turning south again toward their finish line at the famed Four Corners. The route is pretty much continuous, with diversions to hit a few states such as Michigan, Minnesota, Texas, and California, among others. To save time the guys have packed their own grub (even fast food takes too long) and eat while on the road, stopping for bathroom breaks only when they need gas.

So if you're on a mission to beat the best known time for a 48-state trek of 127 hours and 15 minutes, what vehicle do you take? The group decided on a 2005 Scion xB for the interior room and gas mileage (the car is averaging 29 - 30 mpg on the trip), but unfortunately it doesn't have cruise control, which must have made for a long drive across the Great Plains. Equipped with GPS, two laptops, cameras, and a cell-phone modem, the road trippers have a blog about their journey complete with photos, an update on their progress, and their observations along the way -- such as the fluctuation in gas prices between $3.59 and a whopping $3.99 a gallon.

Having covered 5,102 miles as of yesterday, Adam, Josh, and Joey are on schedule to reach the Four Corners by half past seven on Friday morning, if not earlier. So if you're on the West Coast and happen to spot a burgundy Scion decked out with the trip's "48 states, 5 days, 3 men" motto on the freeway, be sure to give 'em a friendly honk. Check out the road trip website here.

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/HELLOB%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-12.jpgfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/HELLOB%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-13.jpg

3 guys, in a cage? I used to run Seattle to Savannah turn every week by myself, 6500 miles, was home in Ky every Saturday night. Did that for 18 months, solo. Missed 2 weeks of that turn.

Easy. If I only had the time I would try it solo in my pickup

I was trying to get someone to do the four corners with me next year. Bangor, Miami, San Diego and Seattle. Couldn't find any takers:crying:. Oh well, maybe some other year:scratchchin:

Guess you missed my post - my brother and I were kicking around the idea of dong that this spring:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=29037

Goose