Does anyone know where I can find a left and a right threaded #10 , 1.25 thread , about 3/4" long stainless allen cap screw? These go where the mirrors would fit on the flange of an 87' VR at each reservoir on the handle bars. They hold down covers and other controls on the handlebars. Mine are stripped out. Thanks for the help!!:puzzled:

McMaster-Carr does not list such an item, Fastenal website nor catalog list either. Even if you retap to sae you are limited to small sizes only with SS and socket head. And even then they are realllllllly pricey, like $20.00 each or more.

You may be faced with 2 options here, drill them out larger and use right hand on both sides, or go to the dealer where those came from originally. If you are not holding mirrors and such then retapping for a right hand would be no biggie. I too would like to have stainless left handers for several projects I have in works and i really don't care if they are metric, although 10mmx1.25 would be perfect. Good luck, keep us posted as to what you find

have you done a search on the web, am sure someone carries what you are looking for. I did a quick search and came up with quite a few that had lefthanded stainless, didnt' have an online catalog, need to e mail them, DAve

i used the mirror adapters from JPs to hold down my covers , you have to use a wrench to put them on instead of a allen head , they are little studs with 10 mm on 1 side and 8 mm on the other . just screw in the 10 mm studs put your covers on tighten down the nut , i plan to use the 8 mm part sticking up to mount a ram mount on .

Thom

have you done a search on the web, am sure someone carries what you are looking for. I did a quick search and came up with quite a few that had lefthanded stainless, didnt' have an online catalog, need to e mail them, DAve

Post us a link for some of those that don't require you to buy 5 or 10k pieces please. All I can find are special run houses. If I needed 10k I would run them myself. I need maybe 25 or 30 pieces.

No, I mangled the screw trying to loosen the screw not knowing the threads on the right side were left handed. So I plan to go from the #10 x 1.25 to a 7/16 bolt sae right hand thread and put a 3/4 x 7/16 stainless socket cap screw in place. This should work. Thanks for all the help! Everyone is very helpful here. I wish I could say the same about the local dealer, they wont even look at a bike that is over 10 years old but I love the challenges this bike gives me when problems arise and I know I can ask a question here and have it very accurately answered. Great Job!!!!:rudolf:

I picked up a set of adapter bolts. The male threads are threaded for the mirrors and the female are 10mm right hand thread. I plan to put a couple small plugs in the holes. Look way down the page on the link below to find the adapters. They arent shiny, but they work.

http://www.flyncycle.com/acatalog/Universal_Mirrors.html

On the plus side it does give a good hex to work with and a standard thread to use for accessories. I am moving my radio controls to the right bar in preparation for mounting a Zumo on the left side.

JB

Edited by lonestarmedic