IGNORED

Nutty Ebay Buyers

Freebird

I tell you folks, I have done quite a few transactions on Ebay and for the most part, they have been very positive experiences. This last one has been a real pain though.

I list an item a couple of weeks ago. Everything goes well and the winning bid was $114.00. Two days later I get a message from the buyer that she will be unable to complete the purchase because she had to take her dog to the vet and now doesn't have the money. Folks, if your money is THAT tight, you shouldn't be bidding on non-essential items on Ebay. So, I filed a non-paying bidder complaint against her with Ebay and then relisted the item.

I send a second chance offer to the next bidder and he declined. I don't really blame him. I'm not usually interested in second chance offers either because they are often either bogus or else I suspect that the seller had used a friend to run up the bid in the first place.

So after relisting the item, it sold again. Not for $114.00 though but this time...for $34.50. Oh well....things happen. But WAIT...I then notice that this time the winning bidder is in Mexico. I sometimes will ship internationally but for this item, was not interested in doing so and had clearing listed it as shipping ONLY to the USA. I contacted the buyer to let him know that I would not ship to Mexico. He finally decided that he would have it shipped to a friends house in Laredo, TX. I agreed to that. So...it was then 6 days before he finally paid via PayPal. This is a fairly large item and though not heavy, I knew shipping would be a bit high due to the size. I had specifed shipping as USPS First Class Mail for $27.50. I then got an email from the buyer, AFTER he had paid, instructing me to send it Priority mail because he was in a hurry for it. OK...if he was in such a hurry, why did he wait 6 days to pay? I emailed him back and told him that I had quoted $27.50 for First Class Mail and if I could ship it Priority for that price, I would but otherwise it would come First Class. That was shortly before I left for the post office and hadn't heard back from him yet. At the post office I found that First Class was going to cost $22.50 and Priority would be $34.50. I decided to try and please this guy and I shipped it Priority. So right now, I'm $7.00 in the hole on shipping. I charged nothing for packing and supplies. I just sent the guy another email and told him that per his request, I shipped it Priority and to please PayPal me an additional $7.00.

What do you think the odds are that I'll ever see it? :) I'm guess not very good. No big deal, I can certainly live with it and am just glad that this particular transaction is over with.

OH...and here is a summary of one of our email exchanges last Sunday:

Me: Please understand that I am going out of town on Monday. If I do not receive payment before then, I will not be able to ship until I return. If you pay today or early tomorrow morning, I'll get it shipped before I leave. Otherwise, I will be away in which case I will not be able to ship until Friday or Saturday.

Him: I plan to pay in a day or two. And no, I do not need the case.

:confused24:

I actually did get a message back from him. He told me that he would send the rest of the money next week. We'll see...I'm not going to lose any sleep over it either way.

Yes, I did choose delivery confirmation on this one.

had some close calls but lucked out and everone came through as planned. got soaked on some out of the country postage. it was my own fault. feel like i'm on borrowed time. of all my transactions on ebay ,they have been almost picture perfect. even sold 4 bikes on ebay for big money and they went smooth as glass. i really work hard to maintain 100% positive feed back. touch and go once in while but i'm still hangin in there. :clap2::2133:

I have never bought, or sold anything on E-Bay.

I do not feel confident in it beacuse of all the problems I have heard over the last couple years...but hey.,,this is me..

I have also heard other folks use it and never have a problem..:confused24:

Edited by Eck

I had that happen to me once. I had a rare collectable fishing reel that I listed and a guy in Las Vegas was the high bidder at $350. He was a flake and never paid. So I went ahead and relisted the reel and this time the winning bidder was in Hawaii, and it went for $450!!.... :-) Sometimes things do go right...

Its not just Ebay..

I went to collect the rent and was told she could not afford to pay because she was going on holidays for a month!

well if she will not be home for a month she dont even have to pay for that one right?

you may even need to reaemburse her some cash if her motel bills come to more then the monthly rent