IGNORED

we are home from Eureka Springs

heatonmt

We made it home from the springs 09:45, no rain. Teri and I would like to thank everyone for a great time. It was nice to see the venture family. I would like to send out a extra thank you to Bill for the wonderful job he did with the Meet. everyone ride safe

Michael & Teri.

:Venture:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phil and I just got home and unpacked the bike from Eureka Springs. We had a great time and a wonderful ride home between the storm fronts and managed to stay dry. I do have some pictures, but I really need a shower and a nap before that happens BTW my count was 29 people were in attendance at Eureka Springs. Bill and Linda you did a great job as always!

Sharon and I are home also. No rain and nice and sunny at our place when we got here. Thanks Bill and Linda for a job will done. Buddy thanks for helping snarley Bill last night with drawings. Another great Eureka Springs meet, met some old friends and new. Cant wait till next year for the International Rally.

John

\

We made it home about 10:30. Only got into a few sprinkles of rain around Ozark. Thanks to all for making this such a good meet and eat . We had a great time. Here are a few pictures.

[ATTACH]21825[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]21826[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]21827[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]21828[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]21829[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]21830[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]21831[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]21832[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]21833[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]21834[/ATTACH]

List of everyone who attended Eureka Springs:

Rosebud & NEWTrk06

Mr & Mrs WPREDOCK

Stoutman

Buddy & Snowflake

BIG Dude & TONYFAN

Nanaof4 & Kbran

V&GOOSE

Mr & Mrs Colesgrandpaw

Dooder1 & Doodette

Mr & Mrs Heatonmt

Mr & Mrs DANDY1

Mr & Mrs Ponch

Mr & Mrs Jethro

RoadKill

Harley Friend of Roadkill

Mr & Mrs Wild Hair39

Peg & I made it in around 3:49 pm todate. Two Light showers between Tulsa & OKC one shower in OKC clear shot on home. Peg rain suit never got wet not once, But mine was - Figures......

Anyway we had an great time and saw the family again and met new family members too... Thanks to Bill & Linda for an excellent turn out this year. Also want to Thank the Guides & tail gunners, Colesgrandpaw - V7Goose - Dandy1 for some awesome rides - EXCELLENT Work guys....

I Was also proud of Peg this year she rode over 1,423mi in four days. Shes getting better at hanging on.....

Buddy

Edited by buddy

Great Pics....I saw Kenny's Orange Frog Togs and started to laugh. Glad that you folks had a good time

:thumbsup2:

Now what was so funny about that.:buttkick:

We made it home about 4:30 ct. , just a few sprinkles and little rain about 10 mile before we made it home. Nothing heavy enough for orang frog toggs. The wind was bad from southeast Ar. down thru Mississippi, the gas mileage sucked. But we made it home safely.

Thanks to Bill and Linda for a great job, we certainly had a great time seeing old friends and meeting new as well.

linda and i got home about 2 hours ago, no rain at all. we had a great bunch of people. first i want to thank everyone that came, for making my day, and just being there. special thanks to my good buddy, buddy, accommodation coordinator, colesgrampa, vgoose, and dan morris for the great rides that they put together. also want to thank everyone who donated prizes for the drawings. congradulations to all those who won them. most touching winner was dooder 1 who won the $200.00 gift certificate from diamondr. he is going to get one of their backrests. terri and michael heaton won the st. jude 50/50 and graciously donated their half to st. jude, so i will be sending brad $135.00 to add to the tattoo fund. this will be our last eureka springs meet, since we are going to do the 2009 international rally next year. my committee is going to bust their butts to give everyone the best rally ever, and i hope we do well for our members. i know we can't satisfy everyone but we are going to give it our best. bill :2133:

Jerri & I got home to indy sat bout 2:00 pm, only rain we had was the same stretch of 65 that we got drenched on day before. ha ha (Raymond, you were right about staying in ark.) no rain there. Thanks so much to everyone there, we felt that we were among friends right off the bat AND WE WERE, we just didn't know it yet. thanks to Bill and his stories and all the work and time he and Linda put in this meet. EVERYONE was so cool. we met some super people and hope to rekindle friendships next year at international rally. Thanks to Dan & Cindy for showing us around E.S. before the meet even started. Question? How many venture riders does it take to attach a face shield? A: I tried for one hour with moral support from Linda and a beer, Rosebud 20 mins.& internet, Kenny 5 mins. moral of story--good friends and experience PRICELESS!!!

Mike & Jerri

:bighug:

We got home about 8:00. I took a lot of ribbing for trailering up, but I sure am glad I listened to my common sense (Mona) and took it. We hit hard rain just south of Little Rock and was in and out of it all the way home. Several times had real high wind with the rain. But thank the good Lord we made it home safe. This was our first meet and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. I met a lot of wonderful people whom I gladly call friends now. Everyone was great. Thanks to Bill and Linda, Buddy, Raymond, Goose and everyone involved. A special thanks to Danny. We were talking about our bikes ( big suprise) and I asked him about his headsets for the intercom and radio. He told me he had a new set and then gave me his old but still good J&M set. What a great guy. The generousity of this whole group is amazing. Lots of great people, but bad tippers. Thanks again and we are planning on doing more meets as schedule permits.:bighug:

kenny dont mind squidley........hes just jealous.....no way can he get away with wearing orange........

it would give new meaning to the "Great Pumpkin"

:stirthepot::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

(:rasberry: luv ya brad !)

Good to see your crap starting abilities are back Cindy....love you too Kiddo

:thumbsup2:

here is your 06 dollar

Actually we saw the 06 dollar, the 07 dollar, and added the 08 dollar right next to the two of them..

Thanks Rosebud and grandpaw,

I asked the question about the "signed dollar" for the new VR.Org members so they would know what was done in the past at the Eureka Springs rallya.

And thanks for the pics too....Now they can see what I was talking about!!! :thumbsup2:

here is your 06 dollar

Actually we saw the 06 dollar, the 07 dollar, and added the 08 dollar right next to the two of them..

Thanks Rosebud and grandpaw,

I asked the question about the "signed dollar" for the new VR.Org members so they would know what was done in the past at the Eureka Springs rallya.

And thanks for the pics too....Now they can see what I was talking about!!! :thumbsup2:

Eck did you notice what Big Dude had put in the window behind him ? (3rd pic from bottom)

MR & MRS WILD HAIR 39 left ES about 11 am desided to go to paulsvalley,we didn't have any reason to hang around,SEE i told you'll that you would not get wett, and sounds like i was right

wife and I really enjoyed all the BS,thank she is going to go into rehab,so she can make these ride ins,the cage is not bad,but its not neer as much fun

we took the short rout to paulsvalley,lots of good seanery,no rain till we got ada,cores we didn't get wett

thanks to bill & linda,buddy & peg,and all of that this a realy good meet

mrs wild hair,say THANKS[me to]

lowell.& laura:bighug::thumbsup:

Wanted to say thanks again to Bill and Buddy for all they did. Also wanted everyone to understand why I didn't choose to participate in the group rides. I certainly wasn't trying to be unsociable. This year my best friend AJ came with me. We have never been fans of riding in groups of more than about 4 bikes, but on top of that right after we got in at the motel we got news that a good friend we work with was in a severe accident the evening before and wasn't expected to make it(and ultimately did not). That pretty much put a big cloud over our attitudes. So...we decided to just take some seperate rides away from the group. We really enjoyed the evening socializing and I don't think it would take to much convincing to come along again. He found out what I already new, that there great people on this site. They didn't even torture him too bad about his HD RoadGlide.

So, If I offended anyone or gave any of you the wrong impression I'm sorry.

Thanks for letting me explain.

Jay.

MR & MRS WILD HAIR 39 left ES about 11 am desided to go to paulsvalley,we didn't have any reason to hang around,SEE i told you'll that you would not get wett, and sounds like i was right

wife and I really enjoyed all the BS,thank she is going to go into rehab,so she can make these ride ins,the cage is not bad,but its not neer as much fun

we took the short rout to paulsvalley,lots of good seanery,no rain till we got ada,cores we didn't get wett

thanks to bill & linda,buddy & peg,and all of that this a realy good meet

mrs wild hair,say THANKS[me to]

lowell.& laura:bighug::thumbsup:

Great to meet her. Don't know how you got so lucky to catch such a pretty woman :confused24:. Tell her I'm coming next year and I expect her to take me fishing.:thumbsup:

Jay