IGNORED

Battery Died

Went to start my 07 RSV and only got a click.  Did some checking and verified the battery was weak.   I bought a new one from O'Reillys and I have to wonder about that store.  I was told over the phone it would cost $155.99.  When I got there a different guy waited on me.  He charged me 125.99 and I had taken a look at the rack that had a price of 115.99.  So, after a little delay, he claimed he charged me for the core even though it was sitting beside the new one.   Maybe it was all a misunderstanding but I have to wonder.  After installing it, the bike fired right up.  The old battery had a date of 8/18 on it. So, it didn't last all that long.  I kept a battery tender on it.  Is it better to keep a battery tender on it or not?   Thanks

That’s a debatable opinion. I don’t use a tender on my AGM batteries but my bike usually doesn’t set months at a time like some. We may have to drink our air in the summer down here but we can ride in the winter. 

• 3 weeks later...

No regarding tender. When my scoot mostly sits over the summer, I'll stick it on the tender for one overnight only maybe once a month. Battery doesn't need anything more... It's not like our bikes have a ton of accessories that draw power with ignition off. In New England, I never used a tender in winter. Just disconnected battery. In Spring, I would throw the charger on for a day. That's it. 

Both in NE and here in Arizona, I get 4 to 5 years on a battery.  Have had 3 Yamahas here and no issues. 

20170310_105631.jpg

Edited by videoarizona
Add
  • Like 2