IGNORED

Battery powered impact driver

Venturous Randy

I know that a lot on here do their own maintenance and thought I would throw something out.

I have a good air impact, but wanted a battery powered. I even considered a used one, but ended up buying new. The problem I found was anybody selling used did not seem to know the torque spec on what they had or the model number. Many were in the 200 to 300 ft/lb range that I did review.

I happened to be at Lowes and they had a 1/2 drive with 650 ft/lbs Kobalt kit with a five year warranty for $169 that is 24V. This was with a battery, charger and a nice bag. I also got a 10% veterans discount to go along with it.

It is a little bigger than I was looking for, but it works really good.

Randy

I think most mechanics have now swiched from air impacts to the battery powered. I kinda want one but how often would I need it? I have a compressor and (3) 1/2" air impacts along with a ratchet and a few other air tools. I also have a corded Kobalt electric impact that I bought when I was working in FL for 3 1/2yrs. I have a tool habit....

I went with Dewalt, since I have all their other tools and a whole bunch of their batteries and chargers. Havent let me down yet. The cordless hedge trimmer is making some weird noises tho:think:

Craig

My son has som Ryobi impact and drills. They work good and all use the same 18V battery. At work in our shop we recently bought some Husky brand from Home Depot. Lifetime warrenty. We bought flashlights for all the 6 boxs and a couple impacks, drills to sign out. Have not used them much but so far they seem to be good tools.

one word MILWAUKEE

they bought some Milwaukee battery tools for work and with most stuff if you don't have to pay for it some people will abuse it but after a couple of outages they have held up good. so I bought me some and one of them was an 1/2 inch drive variable torque impact high is 1400 lbs of torque and when I pull one of my trailers I carry it with me just incase. I just got the M18 weedwhacker and the 9.0 battery will last longer than I do. :mo money:

Millwauki always made great tools, no doubt about it. As a remodeling contractor I needed nailers, power miterboxes and woodworking tools. Back then Mill. tools were mostly for plumbers, electricians etc, have they come out with a line on nailers and saws, just curious. I have a 3/8" corded hammer drill from Mill. must be 35 yrs old and it was used hard, still works and never rebuilt.

Craig

I'm a Dewalt guy....but have no problem with Milwaukee. I like Porter cable tools if they're corded, but the battery stuff's not that great.

Haven't had any experience with HF tools, but don't think I'd trust them.....especially now with the China stuff goin' on.:superman:

DeWalt is a global manufacturer of power tools, hand tools, and accessories and are currently manufacturing their tools in the following countries: United States, Mexico, Brazil, China, Italy, United Kingdom, and the Czech Republic.Feb 1, 2017