IGNORED

Thanks MarCarl

sleepy2

Thanks Kretz for turning them around.

Carl used step drill to cut the end hole(of the grips) out to the thread size of the weights then turned down roughly 1/2 in. or so of the chromed shoulder so it could slide in and bolt up to handle bars. They look and feel great. Thanks again!!

Carl also mentioned how well my bike seemed to be holding the trailer.

When I got home and had my son help me take bike off my truck had every idiot light on the dash light up and started dinging. Took into dealer on Tues. and found out it could be part of the computer as the part is going to cost $900can and a total of $1300can to get it back. Had to wait till Wed. to get part in overnight but snowed in morning and 2 mechanics couldn't get to work and the tec who does this work phoned in sick so waited till Thurs. but jobs from Wed. were to go first before mine and so didn't get any where until today and just called and am waiting to find out if I get it back today

Thanks Kretz for turning them around.

Carl used step drill to cut the end hole(of the grips) out to the thread size of the weights then turned down roughly 1/2 in. or so of the chromed shoulder so it could slide in and bolt up to handle bars. They look and feel great. Thanks again!!

Carl also mentioned how well my bike seemed to be holding the trailer.

When I got home and had my son help me take bike off my truck had every idiot light on the dash light up and started dinging. Took into dealer on Tues. and found out it could be part of the computer as the part is going to cost $900can and a total of $1300can to get it back. Had to wait till Wed. to get part in overnight but snowed in morning and 2 mechanics couldn't get to work and the tec who does this work phoned in sick so waited till Thurs. but jobs from Wed. were to go first before mine and so didn't get any where until today and just called and am waiting to find out if I get it back today

Holy smokes! That's quite a week!

...in the Eternal scheme of things, this isn't even the blink of an eye.

Update on truck----part that failed was the main fuse-box under hood.Finally picked truck up yesterday. Had to phone them and left message--2 hours later they called to say truck was done. Went to pick up and ended up $1350can part $900+ labor + diagnostic + tax(government tax added) Got in truck to leave AND Air-bag light came on--drove around building right back into service so tech could check it out. Found out this was the second unit tried as replacement was defective. After getting new one they forgot to make sure all fuses and relays were seated in the box so ABS and Air-bag lights came on. They said instructions didn't tell them to do this?????? I think it would have been the first thing to do without being told. All in all everything seems to be all right for now.

Seems the saying goes and usually applies to me

If It wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Sleepy, it was a good day and it all seemed to work out. Got lucky again! And you're welcome anytime.

Glad you took at least 3 good pictures. :whistling:

Yeh the two of the motorcycle and the one were Marcarl has his back turned to the camera :rotfl:

P.S. One thing about Carl he is always there when help is needed.

• 2 months later...

What's the part number of the Kuryakyn ISO grips that you installed?

I'd like to retain the Yamaha bar ends as well. I just received the 6345 grips (black anodized) which are for the RSV but they appear to be a fair bit longer than the stock grips. Removing the end of the ISO grips will make them a bit shorter. I'm not very mechanically inclined to am trying to obtain as much info as possible before starting the job.

Thanks

Mover

What's the part number of the Kuryakyn ISO grips that you installed?

I'd like to retain the Yamaha bar ends as well. I just received the 6345 grips (black anodized) which are for the RSV but they appear to be a fair bit longer than the stock grips. Removing the end of the ISO grips will make them a bit shorter. I'm not very mechanically inclined to am trying to obtain as much info as possible before starting the job.

Thanks

Mover

https://www.kuryakyn.com/products/33/iso-grips

Had to trim the oem grips at the handlebar, other than that, nice fit, a little longer than oem.

I had to take the truck in again with the same problems as before. The son used his code reader again and got the very same code as the first time . It said a module wasn't reading so dealer finally agreed they changed wrong part(fuse box first time) and would change it for free. Took it in today and got module changed and hopefully it is fixed.

See as how there is already a Thanks Marcarl thread guess I best throw my hat in the ring. With all the best of intentions Marcarl spent all day Thurs helping me get my machine back on the road so I could make it to MD and we almost succeeded too, despite all the issues that kept popping up, not the least being the bike falling off the lift table a few days before. It started out simple enough. Get new hides on the rims. But then there was all that oil leaking down the back of the front forks. Ok, no biggie. Just reseal the forks and with Carl there to help who has a few forks under his belt. How hard could it be? Until--------we got into it and the forks were not resealable due to some butcher (and I'm not talking about a meat cutter like Carl). OK all is not lost after some serious discussion I give into Carl,s suggestion to steal the forks off my Project bike Which I inherited from Abdul. Well eventually we got the good old girl pretty much back together at which point Carl left to put some final touches to his own machine. and i'm sure from all the hard work and the heat he was as exhausted as I was.

It really was disappointing to work so hard to get that done and still not be able to go due to a sudden loss of brakes, double so that I had to Call Carl and say that after all that hard work I was still not able to go.

But just the same, Thanks once again Marcarl for all your help. I really wish things worked out better.

Edited by saddlebum