IGNORED

VA called Me???

Yammer Dan

Very unusual Vet Doc called me!! Have never talked to Doc on phone!! She said I need to see you Today!! Never had that happen. Most of the time it is months to wait?? Something about heart!!! Glad I don't have one!!! This is the Bit** that said my leg don't look like it hurts that much!! Real smart sl**. Guess its 85 miles to doc.

Yeah Dan, get over there and see her! Women must be taking over the medical profession. The Dr who gives me my annual physical is a young lady and the urologist PA who checks my prostate is a 50ish woman. I don't care as long as they do their jobs and both appear to be competent and are nice to me. The physical now has a memory test which I don't enjoy but have passed with flying colors so far. She also asks me if I have fallen in the past year. I suppose this Feb, I'll have to tell her about falling off the top of the 6' step ladder while nailing on the roof sheathing inside my utility shed. I'll have to exaggerate and tell her I bounced and landed on my feet! :banana:

Hey even the regular doc's anymore, call you after the test to make appointment "Right away" sometimes that means 4 weeks out. Get there to say everything is normal pay your copy and let us whack your insurance for one more visit.

My GF had a colonoscopy last month( early november). Doc that did the procedure came in the room and said I think its all okay but sent some samples to the lab just to be sure, when you get home call the office and get an appointment I want to see you in 2 weeks.

Called that afternoon! The only open appointment slot is sometime next freaking year!! Explained that the Doc himself wanted her in sooner, they called back two days later and said all tests are normal we can wait till the January slot to see the doc, I said well if its normal why go at all? Hemming and Hawing around, no coherent answer.

Guess what after the 1st of January the copay goes up and the out of pockets start all over again So we'ed be paying cash on top of whatever pittance the insurance pays! Now I know why they wanted us after the 1st.

Hey even the regular doc's anymore, call you after the test to make appointment "Right away" sometimes that means 4 weeks out. Get there to say everything is normal pay your copy and let us whack your insurance for one more visit.

My GF had a colonoscopy last month( early november). Doc that did the procedure came in the room and said I think its all okay but sent some samples to the lab just to be sure, when you get home call the office and get an appointment I want to see you in 2 weeks.

Called that afternoon! The only open appointment slot is sometime next freaking year!! Explained that the Doc himself wanted her in sooner, they called back two days later and said all tests are normal we can wait till the January slot to see the doc, I said well if its normal why go at all? Hemming and Hawing around, no coherent answer.

Guess what after the 1st of January the copay goes up and the out of pockets start all over again So we'ed be paying cash on top of whatever pittance the insurance pays! Now I know why they wanted us after the 1st.

I have only had the doc call me one time in my life after a test, that was the time I got put on the short list for heart surgery to get things back working right. With all of the docs I see regularly now IF I ever did get a call, I would have to believe it and scramble my butt down there sweating the whole way. I guess the docs up here do not cry wolf.

It is also a good clue as to the importance is just how soon they will get you in, when they called me they also got me in the same day because it truly was serious. I would be a lot less concerned if the doc says "I need to see you right away" and makes an appointment for more than a week out.

Went in they done a EKG and she said Wow and asked what I'd been doing as she squeezed my upper arm. Them told me to chill on workouts til she figured this out. Took blood and sent me home. Heart not putting out what it should. I could slow down on workouts a little. Maybe....Maybe not!!!

Went in they done a EKG and she said Wow and asked what I'd been doing as she squeezed my upper arm. Them told me to chill on workouts til she figured this out. Took blood and sent me home. Heart not putting out what it should. I could slow down on workouts a little. Maybe....Maybe not!!!

Yeah those 12 ounce curls will really get you!!:hihi:

Did you ask what they are testing for?

Nope. I've about quit talking to them as answers don't come. Said something about heart numbers? not right. I asked why and got we will do EKG and see. Did EKG, blood work called me back next week for more blood. When they did EKG nurse took it to doc came back and said see ya next week for Stress Test.

:think::think:

Nope. I've about quit talking to them as answers don't come. Said something about heart numbers? not right. I asked why and got we will do EKG and see. Did EKG, blood work called me back next week for more blood. When they did EKG nurse took it to doc came back and said see ya next week for Stress Test.

:think::think:

You can go online and look at your records including tests, doctors and nurses notes, refill prescriptions, etc...... myhealthyvet.va.gov