IGNORED

VOGEL - I'm home thread

TDunc

Me too! GPS showed arrival time was 3:08 when I left there this morning but made it home at 3:40. Not bad since I only had 32 minutes with two gas stops and a few red lights. That is almost non-stop from Vogel. I'm tired.

Edited by Skid

We made it home at 4:00 pm, safe and sound. Hope everyone else did the same. It was a great event again, and I was very happy with it, I feel that this was the best to date, thanks to our young little visitor. Your guys make me proud be be a Venturerider, everyone stepped up to help not only the Kids at Vogel, but Mary Nicole also. Thanks to the best bunch of people I could ever hope to be associated with.

We went to the "Wheels Through Time" museum in Maggie Valley and then headed for home. We made it here about 6:00. There were a couple of brief sprinkles, but nothing to worry about. Lewis, you're right, it was a great time!!!

Frank

Mike and I made it home last night about 8:30. We left Hiawassee about 2:30, after Mike making a huge fuss about my eating habits all week. Cheetos are apparently not on the menu but tictacs are. Other than a brief stop at the grocery store on the way home we drove nonstop.

Regarding our sick spider bite victim: I talked to Missy this morning. The ER doc cleared them to go home yesterday. But Dana has to continue treatment at home until the docs at home clear him to stop. They had an appt this morning to continue therapy.

Linda and I made it home about 3:30pm after an absolutely wonderful four days. This had to be one of the greatest Vogals for weather. It was very cool for sleeping and an occasional short shower in the arae, even though it did not rain at the campground.

We had a bear encounter at about 6:30 this morning as I had awakened and went outside and was just leaning on the car enjoying the very quiet night sounds. All of a sudden on the other side of the Time Out Camper, where the picnic table was, I heard a lot of crashing noise. When I ran around the camper, a pretty good size bear was dragging the large canvas car top carrier up through the woods. I started yelling and the bear stopped. When I threw a rock, he took off. Fortunately, the carrier did not get damaged other some than some teeth marks.

I did not realize it, but Linda had put a half bag of Cheetos and a half loaf bread in the carrier and zipped it up. I am just glad I was outside when this happened, otherwise the carrier and everything in it would have been gone.

We did have a wonderful four days and a great trip down and back along with the Dragon ride on Saturday.. The little Miata did a great job across the mountains pulling the camper, even with the automatic transmission.

Lewis and Charlene and others did a great job putting together the meal and door prizes. I did pretty good with winning two First Aid kits, one I gave to Aussie Annie(to shut her up), two shirts, a hat, key ring, patches and a Carbtune.

Randy

Soooo,, let me get this right,,, Dana got in a fight with a spider and lost but Randy got in a tussle with a bear over a bag of Cheeto's and won?? Cowboy lead a fantastic ride thru the mountains and it was the bestest weather EVER? Storm Raven slid down a mountain and proved once again that he and the RSV's are still the toughest varmints going (glad your ok StormRaven!!) all the while folks finally figured out that ETCSWJoe is a troublemaker (took ya'll long enough).. In the end you each got the honor to watch over and play with an adorable youngster associated with St. Judes = WHAT A BLESSING:thumbsup:!!

Hopefully things are better for us around here in the future cause I sure did miss all the fun and look forward to getting out more!!

PS - anyone have any idea what kind of spider put whoppin on Dana? Sounds like you southerners need to put together a big spider hunt down yonder!!:stickpoke::stickpoke::happy34:

Ps Ps - GLAD ALL MY FRIENDS ARE HOME SAFELY AND HAD A GREAT TIME!!:clap2::dancefool::thumbsup:

StormRaven slid down a mountain and proved once again that he and the RSV's are still the toughest varmints going (glad your ok StormRaven!!) :

Mike was actually on his suzuki c50t this time (the house joke is he's on a new bike each Vogel and falls off each time too). No, I wasn't on the bike with him when he decided to fly off a mountain. I have only been on the bikes when they decide to take 0mph naps at inconvenient times. I hope it stays that way too!

I was on my way with the crew who was seeing to Dana and Missy's (Dana's wife) needs while he was at the ER that day.

Mike was actually on his suzuki c50t this time (the house joke is he's on a new bike each Vogel and falls off each time too). No, I wasn't on the bike with him when he decided to fly off a mountain. I have only been on the bikes when they decide to take 0mph naps at inconvenient times. I hope it stays that way too!

I was on my way with the crew who was seeing to Dana and Missy's (Dana's wife) needs while he was at the ER that day.

I thought there was a video somewhere?

Mike got that video edited which is very good but wanted to know where in the watering hole to stick it. He really wants to do a intro video to the other video but likely won't get done til the weekend.

:icon_lurker::icon_lurker:

Cant wait to see the final production put out by Mr Raven himself!!! :178::guitarist 2:

ok folks Woody and Kat made it home today around 2PM. dropped one trailer off and hooked to another with our sons stuff on it and drove to Tuscaloosa Alabama to give him his furniture and stuff. but the part of this that some of you will like is on our way back I spotted a biker on the other side of the interstate down on one knee working on his bike so I looked over at Trina and asked if she felt like helping a biker out and she of course said to go for it so we took the next exit and with an empty trailer in tow and a board to roll it up on we carried the guy home, oh yea forgot to mention it was a Harley. so we traveled 205 miles from Vogel and then 200 miles round trip to Tuscaloosa today. thats 610 miles on the truck and 590 on the bike is my vacation total. but we had a great time and met some great people, thanks again Venture Riders your the best.

Linda and I made it home about 3:30pm after an absolutely wonderful four days. This had to be one of the greatest Vogals for weather. It was very cool for sleeping and an occasional short shower in the arae, even though it did not rain at the campground.

We had a bear encounter at about 6:30 this morning as I had awakened and went outside and was just leaning on the car enjoying the very quiet night sounds. All of a sudden on the other side of the Time Out Camper, where the picnic table was, I heard a lot of crashing noise. When I ran around the camper, a pretty good size bear was dragging the large canvas car top carrier up through the woods. I started yelling and the bear stopped. When I threw a rock, he took off. Fortunately, the carrier did not get damaged other some than some teeth marks.

I did not realize it, but Linda had put a half bag of Cheetos and a half loaf bread in the carrier and zipped it up. I am just glad I was outside when this happened, otherwise the carrier and everything in it would have been gone.

We did have a wonderful four days and a great trip down and back along with the Dragon ride on Saturday.. The little Miata did a great job across the mountains pulling the camper, even with the automatic transmission.

Lewis and Charlene and others did a great job putting together the meal and door prizes. I did pretty good with winning two First Aid kits, one I gave to Aussie Annie(to shut her up), two shirts, a hat, key ring, patches and a Carbtune.

Randy

Was he wearing Gloves???:mugshot: